53. Sunday's aren't fun days

Sunday

I hear my name being called, the voice sounding familiar. What's this strange wet feeling of grass underneath me? It's gross and sticky and my head is clouded.

"Jia, Hey. Wake up."

I struggle to open my eyes. The early morning sun cracking over the grass and trees of the park comes into vision.

"Jungkook? Huh? What are we doing here?" I watched apprehensively as he knelt down beside me, a sigh escaping him.

"You decided here was a good place to pass out, apparently," Jungkook reached out and gently wrapped his arms around me to pick me up.

"Oh..." A cascade of memories fell back into my mind, causing a guilty lump to form in my throat. I tried to swallow it down, reaching to hold around Jungkook's neck. He held me in his arms as he walked across the grass field and out of the park.

"Are you hurt?" He peered at me as he asked. I shook my head.

"I don't think so... Just feel really gross and sticky." I had a feeling that right about now he'd usually say something sarcastic or get annoyed at me for being reckless, but... It never came. Instead, he looked solemn as he spoke.

"Jia, I'm sorry."

"What? I'm so confused. What are you sorry for?" I mumbled, still clinging to his shoulders. His powerful arms that held me, the gently swaying as he walked, the nearness of him. These senses hit me.

"I'm sorry for leaving you last night... I'm sorry for not coming to get you sooner," Jungkook broke his gaze from me and looked straight ahead. We'd reached the road and were about to cross the street.

"That's my fault. Not yours... My stupidity..." I caught myself and stopped. Now wasn't the time to get into this.

"It's okay, let's just go home.." I mumbled, burying my face into his chest, not wanting to talk about it anymore. I felt him nuzzle his cheek against the top of my head. It was a warmth I hadn't felt from him in so long. It felt like home. A comfortable silence fell between us until we got back to the club and up to my lounge room.

"You should take a shower," Jungkook said as he carefully slipped off my heels, threw them to the side and put me down on my own two feet.

"Bet I look like hell. I feel it, that's for sure." I gave a short laugh, earning a crack of a smile from him.

A sudden dizzy spell hit me as he let go of me. I stumbled into him slightly. "You alright?" He was quick to grab ahold of my shoulders, but I brushed him off.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I um.. I'll go take a shower and then I'll lie down after that. It should be fine," I reassured him.

"Alright, I'll wait here. If you need anything, just call me." Jungkook bit at his lip before flicking his fringe to the side. He seemed doubtful but said nothing else.

I carefully made my way over to my room, grabbed a towel, and then went into the bathroom. Once the water was running warm, I stepped in, as the soothing feeling cascaded over my hair and body, I feel at ease. I'd managed to wash my hair and most of my body despite still feeling faint but, as I bent down to wash my legs I became light-headed. Vision blurred, and everything went blank. Fuck.

_____________________

When I came back to I was lying on the tile floor of the shower, wet, but the water wasn't running. Jungkook called my name, shaking me lightly.

"Jia. Hey, Jia," his brows furrowed in worry, I squeezed my eyes trying to get a grip of myself.

What the fuck. Why did I do this to myself?