8. Karaoke

I trailed behind Tae and Jimin as we climbed another flight of stairs. The next level was where all of the individual karaoke rooms were. Jungkook was behind me so I turned to check and see if he was okay. I glimpsed his eyes staring slightly lower, which made me laugh. He raised his gaze, eyes widening slightly as he realised he'd been caught. A small blush crept across his cheeks which was just too adorable.

"It's okay, here, take my hand Kookie" I offered him. I had only just met him but if he was a good friend of Jiminie and Tae then I wanted to look after him and be kind. Not to mention he was absolutely gorgeous. I didn't want to admit it but it had been a long time since I'd felt this smitten about someone. At first, he was hesitant but took my hand in his, there was enough space for us to climb the last few steps beside each other and as we did I realised how much taller and bigger than me he was.

We followed Tae and Jimin into the room. I let go of Kookie's hand, and he walked over to the song index and began browsing through it. Tae plopped down onto the couch and grabbed a mic, Jimin dimmed the lights leaving the large screen in front of us as the source of illumination in the room.

I sit between Tae and Kookie, looking over the younger one's shoulder to see which song he'll pick. The room host knocks on the door with a menu in hand. Jimin takes it and orders for everyone then sits down next to Tae, grabbing the other mic from the table. The first song starts to play. It was Cherry Blossom Ending by Busker Busker.

"Ohh, I love this song!" Tae exclaimed. Jimin stood up quickly, ready to join in. Tae sings the first line and I can't believe my ears, or eyes or my life. His voice is deep and soulful, holy shit. How did I not know about this?!

Just when I thought nothing else could amaze me more, Jimin begins to sing. It was angelic and I couldn't look away. My chest tightened at the sound, it took for Jungkook to nudge me to pull my attention.

"Noona, how about we sing this one together?" He held up the ipad and showed me Eyes, Lips, Nose by Tae Yang.

"This song is so sweet, good choice" I smiled. He nodded, clicked it and put the ipad back on the table. We watched the other two singers as he slid closer to me. My heart was melting and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Completely at the mercy of their voices. Kookie lightly nudged me again, leaning in to whisper in my ear.

"Hyungs vocals always sound so good in harmony. Their tones are completely opposite."

"Yeah, I noticed, they sound amazing" I whispered back. Kookie was still smiling as he bopped along to the end of the song. Just before it finished the host returned with our drinks, setting them on the table along with some snacks. Kookie paused the song so that Jimin could pour our drinks. He smirked cutely as he filled the glasses. Maybe the alcohol is starting to work, the boys all appear so playful.

"Kookie, don't tell me that's your next song~" Jimin giggled as he looked up to the screen and saw the track title. "This one's for me and Jia, sorry Jimin-sshi" He countered smoothly. Wait what, did he just address Jimin like that?

"Hey!'" Jimin yelled. I had to try and hold back my laughter.

"Jimin, you never told me your Maknae was this charming~" I cooed, Kookie blushes.

"Actually, our sweet little Maknae is golden," Tae remarks.

"Oh really? What does that mean?" I ask. If he was trying to arouse my interest it was working.

"You'll find out eventually, just wait and see" he teased.

'Hmm, I tucked a few loose strands of hair behind my ear. Tae and Jimin passed their microphones to us and I got ready to hear Jungkook's vocals. Tae slid closer to me, pinning me between them. Then, he leaned in, whispering into my ear.