27. Please, Don't Leave

Feel free to share any thoughts or feelings you have if you would like to 😌 I'm really excited for the next few chapters after this one, so I'll try and get them out soon 🙌🏻💜 Stay safe erryone!

Wednesday

I woke up this morning on a mission. I had to try to talk to Joon sometime today. We hadn't spoken since the fight and I had no idea if he was pissed off at me or not. I was scared that he might be but, I had to try...

Before I left for class I decided to send him a text. My entire body felt like jelly from the nerves, not knowing how he'd respond... My stomach sank as I pressed the send button.

Jia: Joon, can we talk at lunch today?

I shoved my phone into the pocket of my jeans and left the house. I was so distracted by my thoughts that I nearly spilt my coffee off the desk during class. As the seconds ticked by, it was agonising waiting for my phone to vibrate. I swear my heart nearly fell out of my ass when it finally did.

I held off a couple more minutes seeing as class was nearly done to pull out my phone. Joons name was on the screen. Again, that weak feeling overcame me.

It's gonna be okay, just do it.

Joon: Yeah, can you meet me outside the studio?
Jia: Okay, I'll be there in 20

I clicked my phone shut and left the classroom. My head felt cloudy as I walked out of the building. With each step I took closer to the studio building, the nerves built little by little. It was no easy task to front my fears. I saw Joon sitting on a bench beside the entrance, he was leaned forward, gaze directed down at the concrete beneath his feet. I took a deep breath and went over to him, it wasn't until I was right in front of him that he looked up at me. I was met with wide eyes.

"Hey" I cracked a faint smile as I tried to break the ice.

"Hey" he echoed my words. I sat on the bench beside Joon, taking a moment to calm my nerves before I spoke but he beat me to it.

"I'm sorry Jia" he stared back at the ground as he spoke.

"No. I'm the one that should be sorry. I wanted to tell you what was going on but I was scared it would hurt you" I fiddled with my hands in my lap as I sat there. Joon slowly looked over at me.

"That's-" he let out a tense breath. "You don't have to apologise for that. You did tell me, not in so many words but, you made it clear. We were friends".

I ran a hand through my hair and looked up at him. He wasn't mad?

"Not gonna lie I was shocked at first but, the point is, you had nothing to do with what happened between Hob and me. I'm so sorry that I dragged you into it" Joon slowly reaches for my clasped together hands, I relinquished them and he hold my hand in his own.

"No, it's okay. I'm just glad you're not mad at me.." I gave his hand a small reassuring squeeze. Joon repositioned himself so his legs were crossed and he faced me, his hand still in my lap.

"I'm not mad, but, fuck things are a mess right now" Creases formed across his forehead.

"Hoseok said he quit. Is it true?" I asked. He looked away. "Yeah," he mumbled under his breath.

"You can't let him. I don't know what the issue is but, I just have this feeling... Like an intuitive feeling. You guys need to stick this thing out together." I don't know if what I was saying sounded ridiculous to Joon or not but his gaze steadily returned to me.

"I dono. I want him to come back and I'm going to try to talk to him but, I need some time to think. I'm going to my hometown over winter break to visit my family. So it'll have to wait until I get back." A felt a small wave of relief, if Joon wanted Hoseok back on the team then not all hope was lost.