37. Haze

Trigger warning! Non-consensual. Please read at your own discretion <3

Friday

I woke up a bit later than usual. It was nearly lunchtime. I dragged myself out of bed and ate by myself at the kitchen counter. The rays of the sun were serene as they glistened through the window. The softness of dust particles floated in the air. Life was good. And as long as I was able to see its beauty, I'd keep going.

Was it strange to think such a thing so out of the blue? I chuckled inwardly. My mind drifted to the thought of Jin. I was expecting him in a few hours, so I'd better get the day started.

After freshening up, I slipped into a plain long beige dress and clipped my hair back loosely. The gorgeous pin Jin had bought me at the night market sparkled against my long blond locks.

I'd lounged on the couch with a book in hand when I heard the knock on the door. Jin had brought a bag of ingredients along with him for dinner tonight. As he set them down and picked me up in his arms, I broke into a smile.

"How's my girl?" He spun me around, gently before setting me back on my feet. "She's ready to give it all up for some of your cooking", I laughed. "How eager are we?" He joined in and chuckled with me.

"It's a bit early though. Should we relax a bit before we get started?" He suggested. I nodded, grabbed his wrist and pulled him over the couch. We lounged out under the warmth of the afternoon sun that cracked through the curtains.

"You're wearing that clip I got you" Jin's eyes soften as he reaches up and touches my hair gently.

"It makes your eyes sparkle." He smiles faintly. I felt my inside whirl around. "You think?" I looked down into my lap shyly. "Mm. I chose it so, of course, it looks perfect on you". Jin cupped and pushed my chin up before placing a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Who said you could steal a kiss, huh?" I pouted, all in jest, of course. The truth was I loved it. "Oh, so I need permission now?" He mused "I don't remember it working that way".

"Well, new rules starting from now" I giggled. Jin puckered his lips in thought for a moment before speaking. "Then, little miss bossy. May I kiss you?".

"And if I say no?" I teased. Jin was brazen in reply. "Then I won't bother asking" he tilted forward, stealing another kiss. His lips grazed against mine delicately.

I pulled away a little. "Maybe we should save it for after dinner?" I purred. Jin leaned back on the couch, letting out a playful snort. "Okay, if that's what my baby girl wants, I can wait".

After catching up a bit more, we got busy in the kitchen. I helped Jin chop the vegetables and prepare the ingredients. As though playing house, we joked and mucked around. I hadn't smiled this much in so long. It was like falling for him all over again. The little looks of surprise, his cheeky comments, everything about Jin was endearing.

They say time flies when you're having fun. This much is true. We'd been halfway through our meal when I noticed the sun disappearing. I noticed the dim glow reflecting on Jin's skin. He was too busy talking about spices to notice me admiring him, but that was okay. Let me sit in my happiness in this little moment, something just for me.

After we finished, Jin helped me clean up. I washed the dishes and he dried them. A small comment he made stood out. Teamwork makes the dream work.

"It's getting late, I need to get ready for work" I'd just finished washing and clicked my phone on the bench to peep at the time. "Oh, That's right. Do you have any customers scheduled for the start of your night?" Jin asked.

"I don't. Why? Are you thinking of coming along for a drink?" I hoped that he'd say yes.

"Hm. I could come with you for a couple of hours." He drawled on as though contemplating the idea. "Okay. Yeah. I'm in. Let's get you dressed, shall we?" Jin clapped his hands together energetically. I jumped in surprise. Jin pushes me into my bedroom and plops me down on my bed. "Hold on, what are we doing?" I watched as he turned to my wardrobe and started flicking through it.