14. Ice Cream

Friday

Jia: Jin~ We still on for today?
Jin: Of course, there's this new place I've been wanting to check out. I'll send u the address.

Jia: Okie, see ya at 2~

I breezed through my morning, usually taking Fridays to catch up on assignments. As soon as that was all done I started getting ready for my little date with Jin. I decided on wearing a cute black pleated skirt with some over the knee socks. I was going for something cute but still warm seeing as the weather was cooling down. Last nights rain and the events that followed are still fresh on my mind. Even though I'd been thinking about it I hadn't come to a definitive answer.

Lately, it seemed like I was getting myself more into the thick of things without meaning to. What had started as innocent friendships were somehow progressing into more and it wasn't just with Joon...

Thinking about it hurt my head. Maybe it would be better to ignore it for now. Avoidance tended to be my style and it worked for the most part. With this being my conclusion I let my worries subside and focused more on leaving my place and heading out to meet up with Jin.

It had been a while since I'd seen him and I missed him. His bubbly personality always seemed to cheer me up, he was always so much fun to be around. The new place he wanted to check out wasn't far, most things around my apartment were all in close vicinity. It was one of the perks of living in the city.

The ice cream shop was on a street that was adjacent to a small park. But, it wasn't just any park. It was the one Jin and I had run off to the last time we went out together when we suddenly needed to escape from his stalker.

I pulled my scarf up to try and protect myself from the cool breeze as I waited in front of the store. I watched absentmindedly from the sidewalk as people walked past. Suddenly I felt a presence from behind and my vision went blank as a pair of hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who~" A familiar voice spoke from right behind me.

"Jin~" I hummed happily before quickly turning around and throwing my arms around him.

"Hey!" He tried to wiggle out of my hold at first but a moment later he gave in and just pat me on the head. "What if it wasn't me and you ended up hugging some weirdo stranger" he laughed.

"But it was you! So.." I giggled back. I let him go only for him to wrap his arm around my shoulder and pull me into him.

"Okay, so, apparently, this place is packing some top-notch stuff" He explained as we made our way into the cute shop. We both decided on getting two scoops each of different flavours so that we would have more options to try. Afterwards, we went over to the park across the road and sat down together at a picnic table so we could eat our ice cream.

"I missed you" I hummed.

"Stop being so cute" Jin feigned annoyance but couldn't hold it long. "I missed you too," He sighed, breaking into a meek smile.

"Mmmmm. Have you been that busy?" I questioned. He did look more tired than usual. It made me wonder what he's been doing recently.

"Yeah. Things have been non-stop. I got put into an Idol group." He explained. Jin had another spoon of his ice cream before switching our cups over.

"Oh... Wait I remember you telling me that you couldn't sing or dance?" I asked, now trying the new flavour in front of me without question.

"Yeah right. I was open-minded at first, thought It was still a good opportunity and that I could just learn how to sing and dance anyway." Jin started to explain. Still managing to make facial expressions between conversations as he tastes the flavours I had.