15: Just A Night Of Dance

Saturday

This morning I'd gotten a text from Hobi inviting me to a party tonight. At first, I wasn't sure seeing as I had work, but when he told me he wasn't going until around 11 pm, I figured it would be fine. It would be after I finished work, so I agreed to go with him. I didn't party that often and Hobi mentioned he didn't either, but he sometimes got a random spontaneous feeling of going out and that everyone else was busy tonight, so, in the end, I was like okay fk it, I'll go with you.

The other day, I'd planned to meet with Joon in the studio to go over our song and get a few more things recorded, so that's where I was on my way to right now. I'd just chucked my hair up into a messy bun, put on a baggy light grey hoodie and some tight dark blue jeans. Nothing special. The weather was still dreary, but I didn't let it damper my spirits.

Joon met me out the front of the studio sporting a cute dimple smile with a pair of iced coffees in hand. Why was he always so sweet? Did he somehow know coffee was the way to my heart?

"How'd you know I haven't had my morning fix yet?" I joked as I took it from his outstretched hand.

"Just a guess" he was smooth with the moves today as he sent a wink my way. We went into the studio and pulled out notepads and other things we needed to record. He took a seat at the computer and opened up the files.

We started recording bits and pieces that we can use for the song. After a while, it turned into me and him just playing around and singing dramatically into the mic about random shit and keeling over in laughter at each other about it. Eventually, we took a quick break and sat together on the couch to finish our coffee.

"Lol why are we like this?" I sighed, now calming down a bit from the laughing fits we'd just had. My cheeks were hurting a little from smiling too much.

"Only time I'm like this is when you're around," he playfully denied. God, the way he sat across from me with that light smile looked so cute on him.

"Whatever~ I'm sure you had a silly side before I came along.." I lightly poked at his thigh. Joon's gaze settled on me. It held a steadiness that drew in my focus. We were sitting so close. If I was any nearer, I'd practically be in his lap. Which would be totally okay with me. He leant in and rested his head against my shoulder. The motions were just so natural.

"Jia... I was thinking about what you said the other night," I fixed my sight on the way he leant against me. I slowly reached up and started fiddling with the fabric of his black jumper that was loosely around his arm. It looked so soft and made me wanna touch it.

"I think you made a good point when you said it would be hard to date when I was to debut. To be honest, you surprised me when you said that. The fact you even thought it through, that level of maturity is part of the reason I like ya. So.. If being friends is the best thing for us, then let's just keep doing that."

I cleared my throat before giving a small "Yea.." in agreement. I held mixed feelings, but I decided not to voice them.

"Thanks for saying that Joon" I rubbed at the fabric of his jumper to soothe myself a little and he just let me, his head was still resting on my shoulder for a while.

We finished our coffees and then I had to go back home and get ready for work. The way he smiled and waved bye to me still burnt into my mind as I stood in the shower. The hot water rolled off my skin as I stood there in a kind of daze.

When I'd said that it may have been out of fear... But, now that he'd made it clear, he felt the same way. I couldn't take it back. My heart ached a little at the thought. Although, the way we were now was enough. A part of me felt like regardless of what we labelled it, the sentiment we held between us wouldn't change.