41. The Waltz

Tuesday

Hoseok heads off early in the morning, he'd woken me up to let me know he was leaving but afterwards I couldn't get back to sleep. It had been a while since I went for a run I missed it. I missed all the little things that I used to do before all of that crazy shit happened... Just when I'd thought it couldn't get any worse, Yoongi had been hurt. It scared me, did I dare ask if it could get any worse just in case the universe decided to answer?

Right now, I felt stuck. Uncertain of what to do next. I still had to figure out a way to pay for my fees next year otherwise I could forget about finishing my degree. But, what was even more worrying was that I had to watch my back everywhere I went... not knowing when I could be put in danger again kept me on edge. Always looking over my shoulder. The surest place for me was here, with the boys. Which I was thankful for but... Where exactly do I go from here?

I was troubled. Things won't be the same... I won't be the same. That's what I believe. I had to try and find a way. Maybe clear my head for now.

So, I went for a run. The sound of birds chirping as they sat atop powerlines. It filled the space behind the chatter of people out strolling around in the morning. I was on my way home when I was passing by a small grocery store. The vibrant colours of several fruits lined the shop front display. The orange of the tangerines caught my eye. I suppose citrus was the flavour of today so I grabbed a bunch and took them home with me.

When I got back I showered and got prepared to head to class. I sat in the kitchen, ready to leave. The tangerines atop the table. A thought crossed my mind. Some Vitamin C would maybe do Yoongi some good and I wanted his shoulder to heal soon more than anything.

With that in mind sent him a message.

Jia: Yoongi, I'm going to leave something in the studio for you. Make sure you go and pick it up later when you have time

I clicked my phone shut and left for the studio. No one was there when I ducked in to drop off the fruit. It was straight off to class afterwards. I scribbled down notes as the lecture went on, the vibration from my pocket sent a small rush of excitement. Hoping to see a text from Yoongi I swiped the message open without checking the screen.

Unk number: Jia, It's Cc. I heard what happened and I'm praying to god you are ok. When you quit we were told not to contact you but me and the girls miss you a lot. Things have gone to shit over here, I can't say much more but I think you already know. I'm so sorry, I probably won't be able to contact you again, it was risky enough for me to send you this message but, it's just fucked up. Don't reply, I already had to ditch this phone. Just know we love you 💗

I stared at the message for a few minutes. It hadn't hit until now, how much I missed them too... I'd been so caught up in the chaos that I hadn't had time to feel the loss. Even though her message made me sad I appreciated she'd reached out. I'm sorry too, Cece. I do hope we can meet again one day whenever fate allows. But for now, I'll just have to treasure all the memories we have and say goodbye. Thank you for being my friend.

I would've had lunch outside but the weather had decided it was spring showers today. Instead, I settled for a seat by a window in the cafeteria. The sky lightly cries, yet, the way the sun shines could mean it was a happy cry. Perhaps the sky was still grateful amidst the sadness.

I was pulled from my weird philosophical trance as my phone vibrated again. This time it was Yoongi.

Yoongi: Just got your little present. You trying to butter me up or something? 😏

Jia: Just wanted to make sure you're getting enough Vitamin C ☺️

Yoongi: I knew it. You just want me to kiss you again, don't you 😉