21. Flustered

Been on a bit of a roll lately, so suppose it's about time for more smut! Woo! Honestly was looking forward to this one 😋 Hope it does it justice 🙏🏻 May the force be with y'all 💜

Also note: This Chappy long so broke it up into half days

Friday Morning

Even though I still felt tired I pushed myself to get out of bed so I had enough time to get ready before Jungkook showed up. The thought of going for a run with him this morning made me excited.

I slipped into some black leggings and a hoodie seeing as it was chilly outside. My window had light frost accumulated at the corners of the frame.

A familiar beep sounded. It was a message from Kookie saying that he was waiting downstairs. I grabbed my water bottle before heading down to the front of my building. As I stepped out into the chilling frost of the morning Jungkook stood on the sidewalk wearing all black. He flashed me a big smile as he noticed me approaching.

"Jia-ah, are you ready?!" He exclaimed. The cheerful energy he radiated gave me a boost. Maybe I'd let the informality slide.

"I should be asking you that! Just so you know I've been doing morning runs since I was 15 so don't feel bad if you can't keep up" I giggled but instantly regretted it as his smile disappeared. Maybe I shouldn't have poked the sleeping competitiveness he held inside. He'd probably make me eat my own words later.

"Is that a challenge?" Jungkook sucked in a sharp breath of air and puffed out his chest slightly as his gaze bore down on me.

"Uhh yeah I guess it is. Wait, why are you looking at me like that? It's kinda scary please stop" It was a little intimidating and made me want to take it back but- For some reason I also wanted to see what would happen if I stood my ground.

"Well, how about we do Jang-Jae Park then?" He continued, he'd gone from serious to almost cocky.

"Are you sure? That's at least a 45 minute run. I drawled.

"Yeah. It's fine. Let's go" He didn't leave much room for argument so we made our way over to Jang-Jae.

There was a built-in section at the park entrance for stretching so we headed over and started preparing. Making sure to take our time seeing as it was quite a long run. Jungkook and I sat across from each other, our legs outstretched from one another.

"Noona, give me your hands" he reached out to me.

"Thank you," I replied, grabbing onto him. I felt a gentle pull. The ache in my leg was so satisfying. We swapped, his hands still in mine as I gently pulled him closer to me. His hair fell loosely in front of his face as he bent forward.

After we both were nice and warmed up we walked over to the pathway. The lush green of the grass that was coated in a light layer of morning frost contrasted against firm grey concrete.

"First one to stop running buys the other coffee?" Jungkook glanced over at me. Despite the challenge now apparently being over a coffee it was clear he was determined.

"Yeah sure" I agreed, now focusing solely on my breaths. Each time I inhaled I could feel the oxygen clearing my mind and preparing my body for the physical demand that was about to ensue. If this was of significance to him, then I'd better take it seriously and give him my efforts.

"Alright, you ready Kook?" I let out a deep breath, he nodded. His own breaths were crisp amidst the quiet that surrounded us.

"3, 2, 1" I counted down and we both set off at a steady pace. The chill of the air burned slightly as it filled my lungs.