46. Debut

Sunday. Debut.

"Ahh. Fuckk."

I woke up to the rustling of sheets, as I sat up in my sleepy state it took me a moment to register that Yoongi was writhing in pain, clutching at his shoulder as he shifted around.

"Yoongi, shit, hold on a second" I was forced to rack my brain as to what to do which was hard seeing as my head was still so cloudy.

What to do, what to do. Shit.

I went over to my medicine box and started rummaging thought it, that's when the packet of Codeine caught my eye. I snatched it and hurried off to grab a glass of water. Yoongi was trying his best to hold in the pain as I helped him sit up.

"It's Codeine. Should be strong enough to hold it back for now" I told him. Yoongi gave a nod before taking the medicine, gulping down the glass of water and laying back down.

After thirty minutes he seemed to relax. I took a seat on the edge of the bed as he propped himself up.

"Thanks. You're right, I can't feel it anymore" he took a deep breath before shifting to get up.

"Yoongi. How long are you going to keep going like this? Please..." I stopped myself, Yoongi stood there in the middle of my room for a moment.

"I need to get through debut. We can talk about it later" he didn't look at me, instead, he went into the bathroom and shut the door behind him. I sat in silence, nothing but worry running through me.

What could I do? I really didn't know. And it was starting to eat away at me.

A few minutes later Yoongi came back in and sat beside me appearing more composed than before.

"I have to meet up with the others for rehearsal before the broadcast. Are you going to come watch our debut?" Yoongi questioned as he looked at me plainly.

"Yeah of course. I'll come by and see you before the performance if I can" I ran a hand through my hair to push it back. "Good. We'll need our good luck charm for today" Yoongi cracked into a small smile. I knew he was going through some shit right now but seriously?

"If you want me there just say it, don't beat around the bush and act like it's for good luck" Yoongi tried to deny it but the little blush he wore made it easy to call his bluff. After he left I decided to put together a fruit basket to take the boys as a debut present. Maybe a colourful basket of delicious fruit would help settle any nerves and stress they are feeling. Today was a really important day for them, I couldn't imagine how it must feel.

It was even by default that I could feel even a little of the same anxiousness too. The entire morning I was feeling it. But they had worked so hard and I knew they were going to be alright.

I made my way down to the Ilchi art hall holding my fruit basket. The sun on my skin warmed me and put me at ease, it was so bright that I had to squint to see properly. But, it replaced my uneasy feeling with optimism and hope for today.

When I arrived and entered the building I showed my backstage pass to one of the lobby staff and they led me down a side door. The halls we walked down had people all around, probably waiting for their turn on stage. Eventually we turned into a big room, it was lined with mirrors and benches and I started to recognise the boys and their team of staff all scattered around. The energy was a mixture of nerves and excitement.

Jin was the first to notice me as he lit up and strolled over. "Wow, Is that for us?" His eyes widened in surprise. "Yeah, just a little something to congratulate you on your debut" I beamed. "Aw that's so cute of you" Jin carefully took it from me before handing it to one of the staff and asking them to put it on the table for them.