60. Hands Of Time

Sunday

I woke up before Jin. He was tucked in so cosily and was lightly snoring so I let him sleep while I stepped out to take a shower. I took a tight blue pair of Jeans and a long-sleeved dusty pink top with me. I changed and fixed my hair in the bathroom. There was a meeting about the new album release scheduled today at the agency. It wasn't until 2 pm so I still had some time before then.

I wandered back into my room to see that Jin had woken. He was sitting at the edge of my bed as he peered into the mirror trying to fix his bed hair.

"Ahh. It always amazes me how handsome I am. I never get used to it." Jin said, glancing over at me. Was he waiting for me to call him out?

"Can't argue there. Even the Princes of fairytales should envy your looks." Half joking half not, I egged him on. He laughed.

"Jia. We're going out for breakfast. Are you ready?" He stood up, giving me a once over.

"That's sudden. But, sure. Let's go," I agreed before going to gather essentials and throwing them in a handbag.

"We have that meeting later. So, I just need to stop off at the dorms first. It won't take long." Jin explained. We made our way downstairs, passing the lounge on our way to the back door.

"Yeah. That's fine."

The car Hoseok drove around on occasion was parked in the back alleyway. It seemed like they took turns using it and today was his. The two of us drove over to the dorms. I waited in the car while Jin stepped in. On the way here he'd told me he wanted to have a quick shower and change into something appropriate for the meeting later.

I gazed out the window and down the quiet back-street, the sky was a light grey. The trees that slightly shadowed the pavement of the road were a vibrant green. Despite the surrounding buildings being a tad rundown and old, the scenery had a tranquillity to it.

When Jin came out and got back in the car he'd changed into a pair of casual jeans and a light blue shirt.

"Okay, I'm starving. Shall we?" Jin asked before pulling his seatbelt on and starting the car.

"Yesss. I'm in desperate need of some coffee." I leaned my head back and gave a satisfied smile at the thought of it.

As we pulled up and parked out the front of Kodama I was surprised. We hadn't been here together since, ever? Jin gave a cheeky chuckle as he saw my shock.

"They serve breakfast until twelve," he said smugly, not waiting for a reply and getting out of the car. I undid my belt and quickly hopped out too. The beep of the car sounded as Jin locked it with the automatic key. Trying to catch up to him, I hurried my pace.

"Didn't realise you were feeling a tad nostalgic today." I teased, earning myself a playful eye roll.

"Neither did l. But, here we are, so." Jin left it at that as we entered the cafe. We ordered at the counter before taking a seat outside on the patio.

As I sat across the table from him on this quaint deck, the distant morning bustle of the city was pulling me back in time. I found myself getting lost in the expressive way Jin spoke as we chatted casually. It was deceivingly easy to fall into the comfort of. But, a nagging in my mind just couldn't let the horror of last night go. It sat there, lingering, unsettlingly.

The waitress came out, placing our breakfast and coffee down before leaving again. The two of us gladly tucked into our meal. He was always so enthusiastic when it came to delicious food.

"Jin," I called his name, causing him to look up questioning from cutting into a sausage.

"Hm? What's up beautiful? You look like something is bothering you."