20. Champagne Call

A/N: I come bearing gifts! チュウー😘 Please make sure you're all eating well, getting lots of sleep and staying hydrated! (In my opinion ain't never enough smut to quench my thirst but hey I digress) Feel free to type stuff in the little box at the bottom of the page, it makes me happy 😊 Until next time~

Thursday

Bright rays of light shone through the window blinds as I cracked open my eyes. The weight of Tae's leg across my hip pinned me down. I managed to turn over to face him. Brown trestles of hair sprawled across his sleepy face. I cuddled into the inviting space against his chest. The top of my head perfectly fit just under his chin.

Tae rouses slightly, he wraps his arms around me, pushing me into him.
"Sleep well?" There was a tired rasp to his voice.

"Yeaa. So comfortable. Don't wanna get up" I mumbled, burying my face further into his neck. My hands had become pinned between our bodies and I couldn't move them.

"Should we just stay here all day?" Tae mumbled back. He gently ran his hands up my back, then gently through my hair. "If only" I sighed sleepily as I indulged in the sensual ambience of his embrace.

After a while longer of just enjoying the warmth of our snuggle, Tae reluctantly got up and went for a shower. I lay still in the softness of my sheets while I waited for him to finish. I reached over for my phone to check if I had any messages. There was one from Kookie.

JK: Heeey, by any chance did you see Tae last night?

Jia: Yeaah, he stayed over at my place last night...

JK: Ohhh, is he okay?

Jia: Yeah, I think so. I don't know if he wants me to tell anyone this but, honestly, I think he's going through a hard time...

Jia: Maybe try and talk to him when you see him later 😕 He will probably tell you what's up if you ask...

JK: Ok, thanks Noona 🙂 btw, was thinking....

JK: Wanna go for a run with me tomorrow morning?

JK: I need to build up stamina 💪🏻 Thought it could be fun if we did it together 😁

Jia: Yeah! For sure, I usually run in the morning anyway! 😊

JK: Okay! Then, I'll come by yours early tomorrow

Jia: Sounds good, see ya then 😙

I clicked my phone shut. A few seconds later Tae came out of the bathroom completely dressed and ready for the day.

"Your turn" He motioned smoothly with a nod of his head towards the bathroom.

"Okay" I slid out of bed and got up to take a shower. Not long after I was ready to leave the house. Tae had made some toast for us in the meantime. It was surprisingly delicious, or maybe that was only because he insisted on playfully feeding half of it to me. On the other hand, I assumed he couldn't cook. Then again, I guess that depends on if you consider making toast as cooking. The way Tae waved me off as we separated for class left me feeling happy. The class wasn't half bad, the aftertaste of spending time with Tae was that of floating in sweet bliss.

During my lunch break, I texted Jin to tell him the good news about work. I'd been meaning to mention it to him since yesterday but it had slipped my mind because Tae came over so unexpectedly.

Jia: Guess what ~

It wasn't until I'd seated myself down for my afternoon lecture that he replied.

Jin: You won the lottery?

Jia: if only 🥲 kkkk

Jia: My boss let me start taking on new clients at work 😙