16. Don't Judge Me

Sunday

The sun rays creeping through the curtains is the first thing I see as I open my eyes. It caused me to squint. Then, the next thing that came rushing to my mind was what had happened last night. I rolled over and laid my head against Hoseok's bare chest. He gave a small sleepy groan before wrapping his arm around me.

"You okay baby? You cold?" He asked, I felt him lift the blanket to cover my back more, his palm encasing my shoulder before pushing me in closer to him.

"I'm alright, you're really warm. I'm just. I dono," I mumbled against the skin of his chest. Everything from yesterday had seemed like a dream but, the fact that we were both naked and huddled together on my couch like this... It was real.

"Confused.." was the only word that I could manage.

"Talk to me, what's on your mind?" He asked, a small movement from him caused me to look up, he seemed a little worried.

"Just this, us- is it really alright?" I questioned. He relaxed and the warmth from where he'd been holding me shifted to a light sensation that ran down my side gently. A calm washed over me at his soft touches.

"Jia, I'll be straight up with you. I felt a connection with you from the moment we met. I get it. I was worried too but, the way I see it, if I hid my heart I would've regretted it" his smile was still laced with sleepiness. It was healing. Washing away my worries.

"Hoseok.." I took in a deep breath unintentionally getting a good dose of his scent which only added to the sentiment of this moment. His confession just now was making my heart race again, just like I'd remembered it'd done last night. Hoseok nuzzled his face into my hair and as he spoke I could feel the warmth of his breath on my head.

"Point is, I'm hella attracted to you. But, if you're worried about it making stuff complicated I'm happy to keep it between the two of us." I thought about it... I liked whatever was unfolding between us right now. And if it was going to be as simple as he seemed to think it would be then...

"It would make things easier. I need to be honest with you about something though" I hesitated for a moment but knew I needed to be as straightforwardly as he was being with me right now because other things were going on for me too. He deserved to know. Here goes nothing.

"Joon kissed me the other day," I admitted.

"I had a feeling he liked you. I'm not surprised" Hobi said plainly.

"Wha, how'd you know? Did he tell you?"

"Nah, he didn't say anything, I just picked up on it because of the way he's been acting lately" he chuckled lightly, taking a peek down at me for a moment.

"Oh.. that makes me feel even worse now" I buried my face into his chest. Would Joon be hurt if he knew I'd just slept with his friend?

"Don't. You know, Joon's an open-minded guy. He's also into this new aged polyamorous way of thinking so... If he was to find out he might not react the way you think he will" His deep voice resided closely in my ear. His words were reassuring. I wanted to believe in them.

"Hmm. I guess that makes me feel better. I do care about him a lot but, we spoke about it and the main thing that came up was this whole Idol thing" I began to explain.

"Yeah, it goes without saying. Dating ain't an option if we get big. It'll only put you in danger. If we do debut we'll have to bury our pasts like our lives depend on it. It's brutal." Hoseok didn't bother to sugarcoat the facts. And it was something we had also both just acknowledged.. where exactly did that leave us then?