34. What are you looking for?

Tuesday

On my run this morning I couldn't help but think of Jungkook as I passed by the lake. I still hadn't gotten a reply from him. I decided to give it another day to see if I'd hear back. I made some egg rolls for breakfast and then left for class.

As I strolled down the corridor towards my lecture hall a familiar outline caught my eye. He was striding in my direction from a small distance but, it was unmistakably Jin. What on earth was he doing here?

As I got closer I noticed he was holding a lunchbox in hand. I weave my way through the crowd so that our paths would meet.

"Jin" I called ahead, he cocked his head towards me, blinking in disbelief.

"Jia, this is unexpected" he halted in front of me, fondly gazing down.

"Yeah, What're you doing here?" I asked. Jin lifted up the lunch box in hand. "Dropping this off to one of my Dongsaengs" he answered. "Ohh, is it a girl?" I bit my lip in anticipation. I hadn't meant to pry but I couldn't keep my curiosity at bay. "And if it is? Are you going to get jealous?" Jin cracked into a smug grin.

"Yes. I would be" I uttered under my breath, glancing off to an adjacent wall to evade his stare. "It's not, don't worry. It's for the Maknae of my group." Jin took a step closer, reaching out to tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I peered back up at him. "Oh... He's so lucky, you never did make good on that promise to cook for me" I puffed out my cheeks, having Jin cook for me would be such a treat.

"Yeah, he has it good doesn't he?" Jin chuckled. "Say, I have Friday night free. How about I come around for dinner then?" He suggested. "Yesss, are we going to cook?" I fawned. Truth was it'd been a long time since we'd spent any time together. "Yeah. I'll drop by around 3, how's that sound?" I nodded happily. Jin quickly leaned down and pecked my lips, it happened so fast but Jin waved goodbye and left before I snapped out of it. It left me standing there speechless.

I rushed off to class. Lectures and workshops kept me busy all day, When I finally got home I crawled up on my couch and took a brief nap.

I threw on a cropped black turtleneck jumper and black high waisted jeans, black heels to match. A few rings. Hair down straight. Earning decent money had its perks. I'd always liked having a variety of clothes, over the years I'd put a lot of effort into collecting pieces I loved despite barely having any money. But, now with the cash I was pulling in I could indulge in my visionary fashion fantasies.

I finished the Bibimbap leftover from the previous night before heading out. There was a short wait in line, when I reached the security at the doorpost, he stopped me. "Are you Jia?" He inquired. "Yeah. That's me" I answered back. He was much bigger than me and dressed in all black. For a second I was nervous.

"The manager asked me to escort you in, come with me". I quietly followed as the club security guy turned and walked in. I was expecting him to proceed straight through and down the stairs but instead, he took a left down a corded off passageway and up a short flight of stairs. A bar and lounge area came into view. As I strode further in I saw that this area was the balcony overlooking the dance floor and stage below. Was this a VIP section?

The lounge was loaded with deep purple suede couches, about four to five bundles of seating areas scattered through the lounge. The bar was against the back wall parallel to the banister which gave a nice view of the entire club.

"Jia, there you are" I sighted a group of familiar faces huddled across three couches, a low table in the middle. Joon was the one that'd called out to me, he sat next to Hoseok on the right side whilst Jimin and Tae sat across from them. "Hey, everyone's here" I gave a little wave as I plopped onto the empty couch between them. "Well, not everyone but-" I hummed.