13. Did I Cross The Line?

Thursday

I'd woken up to a sleepy Jimin softly poking my cheek. As I roused I was still comfortably tangled in a hug with Tae. Jungkook was fast asleep beside Jimin, he looked so innocent as he lightly snored. We all took our time getting up and ready to head to Uni together. My classes passed by quickly and it was 4 O'clock before I knew it.

I headed home and decided to check my emails for any job replies but there was nothing. It was disheartening. And it brought me back to the idea of applying at the club. A moment's silence hung in the air as I thought about it...

Lately, I'd been trying to distract myself with other things but the fact was I needed to deal with this now. If I didn't, things would be much harder for me in the future. it was time I fronted up with myself about it and stopped avoiding my problems. Time to make moves.

I grabbed the flyer out of my bag, picked up my phone and started to dial the contact number. A lady who quickly introduced herself as Yoona answered after the second dial tone. I asked her about the job opening and if they were still looking for someone. She asked me my age and if I was studying at the moment, she seemed to be pleased with my answers. Yoona requested I come into the club in a few hours for a trial. Even though it was sudden I agreed to it. The sooner the better in my case. The call ended and I had about two hours before I was expected to show up, so I decided to start getting ready.

I put on a cute pleated skirt along with a tight knitted white skivvy top and some low heels. I wasn't completely sure what the attire should be. But, I was sure that going there in a hoodie and jeans might not be in my best interest. I grabbed a classy beige trench coat, wrapped it around myself to shield myself from the chill of the night and made my way to the club.

The evening felt early as I watched the light blue fade into midnight hues across the skies. The cool air that brushed my face as I approached the bar was refreshing. A small excitement and curiosity bubbled as I entered the lobby.

The reception desk was only manned by one guy who smiled as he greeted me. As soon as I approached the desk a middle-aged lady who I assumed to be the manager came up to ask how she could be of assistance. I mentioned that I was the girl who had called in regards to the job position only hours ago. The lady introduced herself as Yoona the manager, she seemed kind and professional as she lead me further into the club so that we could discuss the job requirements in more detail.

As we passed through the club lounge the interior design instantly caught my attention. It was elegant drapes of black and red with leather couch booths and black marble floors. It was elegant and bold and had exceeded my expectations given how plain the lobby had led me to believe the club to be.

Yoona led me to an office that was down a back hallway. She offered me a seat so I took it. The brunette settled into the chair across from me. She began to ask me a few Personal questions about my current situation which I answered straightforwardly. Yoona became quite frank with me as she explained that I would be very well suited as a Hostess here, that was, as long as I was willing to put the effort into my job. We discussed further opportunities and I started to become more comfortable with the idea. I was willing to start learning the ropes and Yoona made it clear that she was happy to teach me. After we'd come to a consensus she decided to start giving me simple tasks around the club and showing me around.

She introduced me to a few of the girls who were already working at the club. There were about ten girls in the cast at the moment but not all of them were in tonight. It was expected that on average you were required to work four nights minimum unless you were one of the top three ranking girls and you were pulling in big money.