47. Contract

Monday

Yoongi got up and left early. He had production he needed to help with before they could release the album. His words from the night before floated in my head. I'd drank too much and I hadn't meant to voice them out loud, but, I couldn't take it back now.

Is that how I truly felt?
Like they didn't need me...

It's not them who made me feel that way. No, it was my own fears surfacing. Even if Yoongi seemed to think he did, the truth was, they'd be just fine without me.

I had a shower and chucked on a light blue dress and a white cardigan for class. A little bit of make-up too. It was getting much warmer now, I'd say summer was about to start and I wanted to look lovely today to match the new change of season. Also, I despised sweating so it would have to be something light regardless.

The class wasn't going to start until after lunch so I decided to stop by Kodama cafe. It had been a while but as I sat out on the patio it brought back memories of when Jin and I had first met. Out here on this same cafe patio, only a few tables away from where I was seated now. I took my time, nibbled on a sandwich and wrote some lyrics in the peace, quiet and somewhat nostalgic surrounds. After the pressure of the weekend it was nice to slow down and take time to myself.

Lunch passed by so I headed to my lecture. The sun was heated the material of my cardigan and I could feel it on my skin. Luckily, the campus was close by and I escaped the heat for an air-conditioned building pronto. As I walked in I saw Tae sitting by himself in our usual spot so I went over and settled in beside him.

"Tae~" I called his name sweetly, only to receive a wide smile. "Jiaa~" he hummed in response, eyes dropping down to my dress.

"Hmm, why do you look like you're straight out of an anime today?" Tae rubbed at his chin, still searching me with his gaze.

I giggled. "What do you mean?"

"You know, in anime, there's always this super beautiful girl who's usually the main character. She has long pretty hair and always looks picture-perfect" Tae leaned back as he came to his conclusion.

I awkwardly tried to laugh it off. "Pfft. Don't exaggerate, you're making me all shy".

Tae raised a brow playfully, I stuck my tongue out at him before grabbing my things from my bag.

"Oh by the way, where's Jimin? Is he skipping class again to practise?". Tae's demeanour shifted as he bit at his bottom lip and glanced over to me.

"He didn't skip, he's just not sitting with us today." His words left me confused. Tae watched me nervously as I looked around the room, then, to the left I spotted Jimin. He was sitting with that girl again, they were huddled in a corner, talking closely and giggling. It's as though my insecurities and fears had come true. I tried to swallow them down.

"Jia" Tae scooted his chair closer so that he was pressed up against me, his arm squeezing around my shoulder. I ripped away from the sight of them and focused down at the table instead.

"What's going on Tae? Does he like her?" I asked carefully, but, in actuality, getting the answer might only hurt more. Tae let out a slight sigh. "Just try and forget about it. Jiminie still cares about you so just try and ignore it..." I felt Tae rub my shoulder, his thick dark hair falling in his face as he peered down at me worriedly.

"I'll try... You're right... I'm not his girlfriend... I don't have any right to say anything about it" My chest aches as I come to this realisation but I swallow it down as best I can.

Tae sat closely with me the entire lecture, I could tell he was being more playful than usual to try and distract me. But it was tough not to look over in Jimins direction, so tough. And every time I did Tae would grab my face and veer it around or tap under my chin to haul my attention away. Straight after the class finished Tae whisked me up and pulled me out of the building with him before I even had a chance to check what Jimin was doing.