51. Orientation

Friday

When I woke up I was a little disappointed that Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. I was left lying in my big bed all by myself. An unintentional sigh left me as I reached out to the side table to check my phone. I guess it wasn't all bad, at least things between us seemed a little better than before.

As I checked my phone I saw a message from P.D-Nim asking me to come in for orientation at the agency so I got up and ready to head over. It was quite warm today. Luckily I'd decided on a short sweet dress and some low heels. The light fresh floral scent I wore was humbling. As I entered the building I was met by a girl I hadn't seen before.

She introduced herself as Annie, an intern who would show me around the building and get me settled into my new office. The practise rooms were in the basement, which I already knew. Then, she briefly showed me each floor out of the 4 levels. On the ground, there was the reception desk and a few offices and the cafe/lunchroom. The second had some of the recording rooms and the production faculty offices, this was where we bumped into P-Dog for a small moment before moving on.

The third floor was where the big boss was situated along with mostly large rooms which were used for meetings. The fourth seemed to have rooms that they used for vocal lessons as well as for artists and songwriters. The fifth had more office rooms, I gathered that was where managers or social media/PR relations were situated. By the end of the brief tour, Annie took me to a small room on the fourth floor which was now apparently my office. She gave me a list of all the team members emails and contact information along with a copy of a schedule that was for the group I was to be working with, BTS. I'd only just placed the papers down on the desk when I noticed a familiar dimple smile poking into the doorway.

"Joon!" I exclaimed, glad to see him. "I heard you were doing your orientation today so I stopped by to see how it's going." He strolled into the room, which, was a tad bit cramped now that there were three of us. As though noting this Annie slowly inched over to the doorway.

"It's nice to see you Namjoon-Nim." She gave a ninety-degree bow, I was stunned by the level of her formality with him but as she raised her head she looked between the two of us with a light smile. "Oh... Annie. You don't have to be so formal," Joon smiled sheepishly before continuing, "If you want I can take it from here, I'm sure you've got a lot to do right now."

"Oh yes, well if you're sure... Thank you Namjoon-Nim," Annie quickly dipped her head excusing herself, she was gone in the blink of an eye.

"Wow, um. That was..." I felt bewildered at her formality despite Joon asking her to chill, not to mention just how hastily she had rushed off.

"Yeah, I keep telling her to relax on the honorifics but- Oh well." Joon gave a tiny defeated sigh. "Anyway. How're you settling in? Do you have any questions? I'm presuming Annie has already shown you around, right?" Joon began fretting, firing off a million inquiries at once.

"Slow down there," I giggled, going over and patting Joon on the shoulder. "I think everything is going fine! I'm still just trying to figure out how my role here works exactly.." I trailed off in thought.

"Well. It's fairly straightforward, just send any song ideas along with lyrics either to me or directly to the production manager P-Dogg so we can take a look. And, if we need your help with anything somebody will let you know. There should be a conference about the next album coming up shortly with the entire team, you'll get an email about it when they set a time." Joon's explanation was certainly clear and easy to understand. It did all appear to be very straightforward.

"Alright, well, that seems easy enough. Guess for today I'll just work on a few things and send them to P-Dogg before I leave." I glanced back over to the computer on my desk, now moving to take a seat. I was interrupted by an abrupt loud "Woo! Jia!" It was an energy I knew to be uniquely Hobi. He gushed into my office excitedly and flung his arms around me!