2. Charismatic

As soon as my last class for the day ends, I rush home. As I close my apartment door behind me, I slip off my shoes and put my bag down on the nearby shelf. I didn't have much time until I was supposed to meet this mysterious Mr Kim.

An hour and a half later, I'd managed to get myself together. My hair was down and straight, make-up was light, which made the peach blush look cute. I wore something a tad warmer because the temperature usually dropped when it was dark outside. Some black skinny jeans and a neat light blue jumper seemed just right. I packed all my essentials into a small handbag before picking up my phone from my bed and googling the address of the cafe.

The night was clear; the streets were illuminated softly with the lights from shops. The city district that surrounds the university was like a playground. In the streets of the city, young adults leisurely strolled between bars, clubs, and pubs. Karaoke, restaurants and cafes. Noodle shops, barbecues, and whatever else you could think of; all readily available.

I reached my destination in no time. The coffee shop was quite cute. It had an outside patio sitting area which was lit by colourful bubble lights. From what I could see of the interior through the glass windows it had a cosy modern feel. I then drew my attention to my phone as I felt it buzz in my hand.

Mr Kim has arrived.

I looked around, not knowing what to expect, and then a tall, extremely handsome guy with broad shoulders approached me confidently. In contrast to his powerful approach, his smile was gentle.

"Miss Park?" He asked. Tilting his head, bending to get a better look at my face. He was at least a head taller than me.
"Yes! My name is Jia. Please call me by my first name. There's no need for formalities." I blurt. I couldn't help but feel shy. This was NOT what I was expecting. He was the last person I thought would need to rent a girlfriend.

"Oh. How cute, aren't you enthusiastic? Definitely my type." He winked playfully.
"I'm Jin, but widely known as Worldwide handsome." He laughed airily to himself as if it were a joke, but it was true.

"Ahh, why are you laughing?! You're seriously handsome," I blurted again. Realising what I'd said, my hands flew up to my flustering cheeks. They were giving away how I felt. Jin's smile turned to shock as he reached out to feel my face. He gently pulled my hands away and a cool sensation replaced it. I stood rooted to the spot as the back of his hand against my skin tingled.

"Wow. You're burning up. Did you have a little afternoon drink before you came?" He teases. His touch fades away. But I wanted him to touch me longer.

"Ah no! Of course not..." I laughed, holding my cheeks again but feeling less embarrassed by his impeccable ice-breaking skills.
"I know! How about we go in and get a drink? Perhaps that will cool you down, hm?" I nod.

We stepped into the cafe. Jin takes the initiative and approaches the counter.

"So, what do you usually drink?" He asks from beside me. I could feel him leaning into me, slightly. I didn't know how close I'd stood. The smell of his light cinnamon cologne hit my nose.
"An Iced Americano, please." I glance up at his face. He orders for both of us, his lips pouting. Why couldn't I take my eyes off him?

I calmed down a bit as we waited. A minute of comfortable silence passed before collecting our drinks. Jin led the way outside to the patio. The ambience felt dreamy, almost like a fairytale.

We took a seat across from each other. Jin placed my drink on the table in front of me.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"It's alright, you are my girl for the night so I have to take care of you." He teased. His confidence was turning me into jelly. I took a sip, kindly waving off his remark. Now that we were face to face, I could study his features without being weird. After a moment, I spoke.