35. Cold

Wednesday

When I woke up Yoongi had a delicious-looking breakfast spread waiting. I was still wearing my clothes from the night before as we sat and ate together. The upheaval from last night lingered and I couldn't shake it off. After we ate Yoongi had to leave. I thanked him for coming but he brushed it off, seemingly more worried about the predicament at hand. Overall I think he was as perplex as I was. Even after discussing it over breakfast, neither of us could quite discern the intruder's motives.

I attempted to put my worries aside as I got ready for class. I showered and changed into an oversized hoodie that covered the shorts I wore underneath. This morning would be my first class in a new subject. One I was looking forward to. It was Lyricism. Unfortunately, last semester they hadn't held the class because they didn't have enough students to fill a class' worth but I guess this semester they managed to fill it.

Today I decided on an iced hazelnut latte. Who knows, maybe it'll be a lucky latte, maybe it'll magically bless my life. Lol. That makes no sense. I summed up my irrational thoughts as still being shook. As I entered I noticed the classroom was half the size of my usual lectures. Maybe even a third. Wait, is that Jungkook?

A familiar silky brown head of hair lent forward. It was Jungkook for sure. He was sitting at the back of the class, hunched over, reading something. I made my way towards to him.

"Kookie" I called as I got closer. He lift his head, void stare settling on me. He didn't say anything. "Hey, I didn't know you were taking this class" I drew the chair beside him and put my bag down. He gave a small hm in reply then looked back down at his book.

What the hell was going on? "Are you mad at me or something?" I mumbled. Feeling more and more apprehensive by the second at his whatever demeanour.

"Not really" he retorted bluntly. I sat in silence, I didn't know how to respond? I was so confused. Should I yell at him? Should I try and be soft and pry out what's wrong with him? Fuck. What the hell is going on. I felt like crying. As if last night hadn't been stressful enough, now this...

Before I could say anything the teacher came in and started lecturing. I sat there beside Kook, neither of us saying a word to each other. This was a far cry from the last time we'd been together, what happened to 'wait for me', to 'make me a promise'. What had I done wrong?

"Park Jia, Jeon Jung Kook. You'll be paired together for the group assignment" I'd been so caught up in my head I thought I'd imagined it. I glanced at Kook who still had his head down, appearing like he didn't care at all. No reaction... it stings.

As soon as the bell rang Kook got up straight away, I called out to him but he ignored me and left. I was beside myself. All I could do was stare at his back as he strode out of the room.

The rest of my day was a blur. It wasn't until I got home that I remembered that Tae and Jimin were coming over for a movie night.

It was a relief knowing I wouldn't be alone tonight. As dark falls fear saunters. Would someone break into my house again? . It put me on edge. I'd just switched into some pyjamas when a barrage of swift knocks sounded from the door.

My two besties burst thorough the door as enthusiastically as ever, hugging me before putting the bags they carried down. I just wasn't on the same level of energy as them which they were quick to pick up on.

"What's the matter? You don't seem like yourself" Jimin stopped what he was doing and studied me.

"It's just been a horrible 24 hours for me. Last night someone broke into my apartment" I stood at the opposite side of the counter from them. The mood shifted drastically at the mention of it.

"What? Seriously? Are you alright?" Jimin came around to me, resting both arms on my shoulders and peering into my face worriedly.

"Not really. I wasn't here when it happened, I just came home and my balcony door was wide open and my stuff was all over the place" I explained, looking from Jimin back over to Tae. He slowly pulled packets of chips out of the bag as he paid attention.

"Why didn't you call us?" Tae asked. His expression was blank.

"I.... Called Yoongi... He stayed with me and helped me clean up". Jimin steered me by the shoulders to the high stool at the counter so I could sit down.

I continued to spill all my anxiety to Jimin and Tae. After I described the night before the thought of Jungkook came to mind next.

We grabbed some snacks and took a seat on the rug together. I went on to share what had transpired with Jungkook and how he'd ignored me in class.

"I just don't get it" I sighed.

"Neither do I. It's got to be hormones" Tae rubbed at his chin in deliberation.

"Yeah, could be. He's at that age. You do weird things around that age" Jimin added.

"Try not to overthink. Just give him some space" Tae concluded. "Anyway, that's enough worrying for you tonight. Let's put a movie on" Tae declared before getting up and tinkering with the T.V.

I felt my troubles subside as we took a few shots and snuggled up together on the couch. I buried my head into the crevice of Jimins neck, my legs sprawled across Taes lap. We had a blanket throw over the three of us. Being snuggled up with these two was absolute comfort. Like I was laying on clouds or a pile of extra soft cushions.

I reached for Jimins hand that was limp in his lap, I felt my hand accidentally brush past his crotch as I slid my hand into his.

"Don't start acting up now" Jimin whispered lowly before placing a soft kiss on my head. "Accident, promise" I whispered back. He peeked at me for a moment but let it go and kept watching the movie.

Tae cuddled my legs, I was just so warm and cosy that I could fall asleep any second. Jimin gently ran his thumb over my wrist. The light scent of him filled my nose. I was plummeting.

Free falling. When would I land? There was no end in sight. I blink. Where had Jimin and Tae gone? More importantly, where was I?

Pitch black.
All I see is nothing. It's lonely.
Goosebumps rippled across my skin. It's Cold.

As the second's tick by panic seeps through.

The pulsation of my heart thickens, I can't breathe. I'm heaving, desperately trying to escape but I'm sinking.

I open my eyes, Jimin is hugging me in his lap. "It's okay, it's just a bad dream" he looked worried. I felt my breathing slow down. "I- I was asleep?" I skimmed the back of my hand over my forehead. It was layered in a thin coating of sweat.

"Yeah. You started breathing real heavy and mumbling." Tae had moved closer, he was gripping his stomach. "What's wrong?" I stared at Tae. Still trying to accept that I was awake and not about to die.

"You kneed me in the dick. But it's ok. I'm more worried about you". Jimin stifled a small laugh. The way Tae had said it was kinda funny, but I still felt really bad.

"I'm sorry, is it okay?" I sat up, trying to check if it was alright. "Wait, hold on, it's fine, really" Tae grabbed my hand. "Oh sorry, I should probably not just randomly go trying to grab your dick. Sorry I'm just so out of it" I pulled away. I wasn't thinking straight.

"Just lay down and relax. Take a minute" Jimin pulled me back down into his lap and wiped my sweaty hair off my face. "Here, use this" Tae yanked the hair tie off my wrist and gave it to Jimin who proceeded to tie my hair on my head like a messy pineapple.

I shut my eyes again and calmed down. The tones of their voices speaking softly gradually drowned out as I fell asleep again.