56. Downpour

Wednesday

I'd woken and been laying there in bed, naked, beside a lightly breathing Jimin for a little while now. It was peaceful. Quiet. Intimate. Vulnerable.

Yesterday had been a whirlwind of emotions. I didn't know how much more my heart could take, up and down. My heart was being pulled left and right and every which way. Those fears I held, the ones of being hurt. Hurting those I cared about, I was living them. As much as I'd tried to avoid them. It had been inevitable this entire time. It had all happened so fast that I hadn't realised it until just now.

My feelings, they're confused. I'm confused. What am I doing? I don't know. I don't think I've known for a long time now. At some point, I'd abandoned myself, thrown myself in. Was there a way out? I don't know. How much longer can I stay afloat? Or, will I sink.

The sheets rustled lightly from beside me, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Jia, you're awake?" Jimin murmured, voice laced with sleep as he draped his arm over me and pulls me into his warmth with ease.

"Mmm. Yeah, I gotta study today. I have exams tomorrow." I mumbled into his chest. Jimin placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Okay, I have to get going soon too. The life of an Idol is so busy," he lightly groaned.

We cuddled for a little while longer before Jimin headed off. I got up, showered and dressed. Then, checked over my schedule to try and figure out what I still needed to do before my exams.

"Oh, shit" I muttered under my breath, realising I'd completely overlooked a topic in one of my subjects. Fuck. I started to panic, this was so important. How did I miss this?

As I desperately racked my brain a sudden idea popped into my mind. Namjoon. He's intelligent, maybe I can ask for his help.

I grabbed my phone and dialled his number, after a few rings his distinct voice resides from the other end.

"Jia? What's up?" He questions.

"Hey! Um. Sorry to spring this on you last second but, are you busy today? I really need a favour. Like, life or death situation." Worry bubbled up, knowing the chances he's busy are pretty damn high.

"Oh? Well... I had something planned but, if it's really that urgent I can cancel my plans." He says.

"Joon. Oh my gosh. Really? I swear you're amazing," I gushed, relieved I might not be as screwed as I initially thought.

"Hah. Yeah okay. So, what's this life or death situation?" He pressed. I gave a small sigh.

"Well, I completely overlooked revising a topic from philosophy. I really need help trying to cram, and I know you're good with this kind of thing," I hesitated, doubting if he would even consider this important in comparison to half the other shit that went on in our lives.

"Oh," He cracked into a laugh. "That's unexpected. But, it's nice to hear you taking your studies so seriously. I'll be over soon." He says. I thank him before ending the call.

Not long after Joon arrives, we decide to set ourselves up downstairs in a booth near the dance floor. The tables down there are the biggest and, during the day no one is around apart from the odd staff member here and there which became so routine I barely noticed their presence anymore.

The light-flooded in from the windows that lined the top of the walls. They still reached outside from the underground of the basement. It made for a comfortable spot to sit during the day.

"I still can't believe you called me here to study. I actually thought you were in trouble when you called," Joon seemed more amused than annoyed. "I know... This may not seem like a big deal for you but, I really don't want to fail" I laughed sheepishly.