19. Lullaby

Wednesday

During class today I got a text from Joon inviting me to an underground concert he was doing on the weekend. Apparently Joon, Yoongi and Hoseok would all be performing there. I'd heard of the place it was going to be, it was a well-known local hip hop club. It sounded like a good time so I decided I'd go and check it out.

Aside from that, classes flew by quickly. I headed home to drop off my things and nibbled on a salad before I got to work.

As soon as I got there I entered the back room to start getting ready. Rina poked her head in and looked around the room. Her eyes lit up as she saw me.

"Thank God I found you! Yoona asked me to call you to her office." She came in and stopped by the dressing table. I quickly put my things away in my locker and turned around to face her.

"Oh really? Do you know why? Am I in trouble or something?" I questioned but she just shook her head. The beautiful long brown locks of her curled princess hair bounced as she did.

"I'm not sure, she didn't say.. But don't worry it should be okay. I can't think of anything you've done wrong so.." her light voice trailed off in thought.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll go and see her now."

Rina gave a small smile before she continued on her way. I left all my belongings in my locker and headed down to Yoona's office straight away. As I passed the lounge and headed down the hallway, I imagined what it might be.

I knocked lightly, her voice immediately beckoned for me to come in. I shut the door behind me and approached her desk.

"Rina said you called for me?" I asked, trying to hide any worry I had. Yoona gave a small nod before she gestured towards the chair across from her desk. I sat down and waited for her to speak.

"Jia, I just wanted to praise you for your efforts the other night when you helped at Ceces' table. You did well" she leaned back in her chair, lip curled up into a faint smile.

"Oh.. Thank you. Cece is good at what she does, so it made things easier on my part".

"You don't need to be modest. Look. I was thinking, it's about time you started doing client rotation. That's if, you're ready for it?" Yoona waited as I digested her words.

"Really? You mean it? I.. would love to!" Excitement at the thought of the new opportunity started to bubble. If I could join in on welcoming rotations it meant that I could get clients of my own and I could make more money. This was a terrific thing.

"Great, glad to hear it. Well then, if it's alright with you, tonight I want you to join Wyniee and Mimi. They can take you through it and show you the ropes." She flipped through some papers that were on her table. She read the two names off them before looking back up at me.

"Okay. Sounds good. Thanks for the opportunity Yoona." I beamed. Yoona just waved it off as not a big deal before dismissing me. I got back to the dressing room and started hair and makeup. Afterwards I wandered off to found the two girls that I was going to be working with tonight.

Mimi had mid length black hair and seemed to be slightly more mature and dignified in the way she carried herself. And as for Wyniee, she had short blonde hair and seemed to be playful and a bit more outgoing. Possibly even rough around the edges. But they were both super keen to work with me and were looking forward to jumping right in. I had to admit they were both much more inviting than I initially thought they would be. Mimi placed 6th and Wyniee 7th so I assumed they didn't have as many regulars as the higher ranked girls. Or, they just don't spend as much as some of the other regulars.