67. Don't forget

Here it is, the last of this Prologue.

I just want to say thankyou to everyone who's been with me on this Journey, reading, commenting and supporting me.
It's been so much fun for me and I really hope it's been just as enjoyable for you too. The next part has so much more to come so I hope you will continue to read this series!! 

I'll write a bit more at the end of this chapter instead so, I'll see ya down there in a jiffy ~

Morning comes yet, it feels like I'm lucid dreaming. Excitement and nerves mix together in the air as Jimin and Jungkook prepare to leave for their comeback schedule today. Their familiar smiles etch in my mind as they disappear down the stairs.

The day was upon us. For them, it's their long anticipated comeback. But, for me, it's a dangerous leap. One that can turn into a plunge at any given moment.

I swallow fear. Replace it with the image of the boys smiles. For them. As hard as I try, I can't escape the grip it holds my heart in.

His text comes. After breakfast and a shower the clock dictates I have an hour until Reira comes for me.

Is it too late to back out?
Can I still call the whole thing off?

No. Visions of the girl in the basement breaks into my mind, her brains painting the floor. It plagues me, won't leave me alone.

I don't know why but, I make my way down to the place she took her last breath. Perhaps it was to consolidate any last doubt I held. Or, perhaps it was to taunt myself. I don't know which.

The vast four underground concrete walls are still. Deadly, hauntingly silent. The chair she's sat in was gone. All that remains is a wooden table beside the right hand wall. Upon it is a knife.

A strange feeling nagged at me as I stare at the wooden hilt and the gleam of the silver blade. My thoughts swirl, I'm not one who can easily hide. I tie the knife pouch around my thigh under the light fabric of my white lace dress.

Times passes so I head out, making my way to a street around the corner. During our exchange of texts we'd decided to meet there to avoid suspicion or the chance of being seen.

As I open the door to the black Benz and slide across the leather seat beside Reira he smiles coyly. Bright blue eyes, dark blonde hair swept to the side. Loose black shirt and tight black jeans. A devil masked by such a handsome face.

"Hello precious," he leans in placing a soft kiss to my cheek. I easily fake a smile.

"So, what might we have planned for today?" I query, feigning delight. Locking my doubt, fear and dislike for him away. Putting on one hell of a show.

"That's a surprise. You'll find out soon enough my sweet." His answer only heightens caution in my senses. I'm walking in blind, the doors click auto lock as the car smoothly takes off.

Despite the light talks between us a heaviness weighs me down. I try to conceal my glimpses out the window, but, we pull down into the car park of his club.

Why can't I stop? I still have time to turn back...
Instead, I step out as Reira opens the car door for me.

He leads me to the double metal doors and pushes the button. His gaze lingering on me momentarily before the light ding of the elevators arrival pulls us to step in.

The elevator sinks underground and with it so does my insides. The doors slide open to reveal a dark grey blue concrete hall, the overhead lights ominously flicker.