26. It's Done. I'm Done

Tuesday

I opened my eyes. I was encased by the softness of my sheets. Did I go to sleep last night wearing this oversized shirt? Oh my god, no... The last thing I remember was Yoongi rubbing my head. I sat there feeling stunned. Had this guy changed me and put me into bed? Jesus... Wait!? Was he still here?!

I instantly got up and rushed out to the living room but the only soul in my apartment was me. I don't know why but I felt kinda displaced.. how could I have slept through that? jeez... Am I losing the plot or what.

My mind drifted to earlier on in the night. My chest sunk. That's right. The fight. Maybe that's why I was hard pressed on memory.

In the past, when there'd be conflict at home I'd always blank it out. It was a way of coping I fell into using when it got painful. Distraction, avoidance... I knew I did it a lot with other things in my life but, what other choice did I have.

Sometimes I almost felt like I'd implode from the anxiety. The overthinking. It was easier to just push it out. Think of other things. Part of me wanted to do it today too. Give me a bit of time before facing anything to do with that fight last night.

So I did. I went to class, came home, put together a lunch box for Jimin and took off to where I knew he'd be practising his ass off today. I didn't message him, instead, I thought I'd just surprise him. Perhaps it was partially a distraction for me but on the other hand, I knew Jimin was working hard and I wanted to try and support him too.

The sun poked out from behind foggy clouds but it barely did a thing to deter the cold. When I got to the door of the basement outside Jimins practice room I thumped loudly a few times and called out his name.

A moment later the door creaked loudly as someone heaved it open from the other side, it slid to reveal a sweaty and wide-eyed Jimin.

"Jia?" He asked looking flustered.

"Thought you might be hungry" I slowly lifted the lunchbox I clutched in my hand up for him to see.

"Aw. That's thoughtful of you. Come in" Jimin stepped aside and held out his hand.

"Here, be careful, the steps are a bit wobbly" He warned. I carefully held his hand as he led me down the steps. He wasn't lying, the wood under my feet shifted dangerously so I took my time descending the short flight. I'd been too occupied looking down at the steps but when I reached the landing and gazed up I was shocked by the state of the underground room.

"Jimin, Holy heck. It's a wreck down here.." I mumbled. The walls and floorboards were so aged, the mirrors looked vintage with grey spots on them ..altogether it was creepy. A practice room, but like one that was haunted by a ghost or something.

"Yeah, I know... Our company is kinda broke. Just try to ignore it" Jimin scratched at the back of his head awkwardly before inviting me over to the corner of the room. I followed along and sat down with him on the stiff floorboards deciding to leave it at that.

We chatted about random things of unimportance as we ate. How lovely the full moon looks, what colour we think suits Tae the most, if we only had a day left on earth how we would spend it. It wasn't until after we finished that he gasped in realisation.

"I just remembered! I have something for you, hold on a sec" Jimin sprung to his feet and went over to a big gym bag in the other corner of the room. He sought through it before pulling something out and returning to sit back next to me with a wide-eyed smile. He always looks so adorable when he does.

"Hm? What's that..?" I queried. I wasn't expecting anything from him... I was truly awestruck.

"Just a little something I wanted to give you... I didn't know if I'd get the chance before winter break. Lucky you came by today" Jimin confessed before holding out something delicate and silver in his palm.