17. Worries

Monday

I woke up feeling a bit hazy and soon realised I was fully dressed. Everything that happened last night rushed to my mind and it made me want to slap myself in the face. I can't believe Yoongi had nearly run me over, found out I was a hostess and then dragged my drunk ass home. Wow, that's so embarrassing...

I quickly got up, had a shower, went for a quick run, had breakfast and then got ready for class. Way too many things to do on a Monday morning. Life seemed a bit more placid until recently for some reason. Anyway, I should probably let Yoongi know I'm alive. He did seem genuinely worried so I sent him a quick text before I left the house.

The day was relatively sunny. I stopped at a café to get a double shot coffee on the way to class to try and nullify the small remnants of my hangover. I still had my coffee in hand as I walked up the classroom isle towards Tae. His expression was sombre and the air surrounding him was thick.

"Tae Tae, everything okay?" I asked as I plopped down in the seat beside him.

"Heeey, yeah.. I'm okay" he replied, mustering up a forced smile. I dropped my bag down before turning my full attention to him. It was obvious that something was up and I wasn't going to let him pretend like there wasn't.

"Tae.. Talk to me.. Where's Jimin.." I questioned. It'd momentarily dawned on me that he wasn't here. Tae bit at the inside of his cheek anxiously at the mention of his name. "Jimin was feeling sick today so he isn't coming." He hesitated as he explained. Why did I get the feeling there was more to it?

"You don't seem convinced, what's going on? It's okay, you can tell me" I lightly latched on to the sleeve of his arm and started playing absentmindedly with the soft material as I waited for a response.

"Jimin has been pushing himself a lot lately. And now he said he's sick, I'm worried about him. I don't know what I can do to help him either." It started to make sense. Tae was worried about his bestie and rightfully so..

"Tae, I'm gonna text Jimin and go check on him after class". If it made Tae this uneasy then I wanted to try and do something. Even if it ended with me not being able to do much I still needed to try. They were both dear to me, it hurt to see Tae like this.

"Okay, if you need I can give you our apartment address and you can go visit him. I have class after this so I can't go with you but no one will be home so it should be fine" Tae offered. A light at the end of the tunnel seemed to lift his mood.

The professor arrived and class started. Tae and I couldn't talk much until the lecture had finished but when it did he texted me the address to their place. He wanted me to update him later so I told him I'd text him after. I hoped I'd been able to relieve him of some of his worry for now.

I went home straight away and started to make a cute lunch box that I could take to Jimin. If he was sick, some nutrients might help him recover his strength. After I packed it up I checked the address Tae had given me and I set off to find Jimin. I sent a courtesy text to let him know I was on the way but there was no reply.

I'd walked 15 minutes, and with every corner I turned a more run-down part of the city emerged. There were mostly older buildings in the area, it was grungy. But, I kept going until I reached my destination. It matched the rest of the buildings and looked like it had seen better days.

I stepped on to the stoop then reached for the doorbell. A few seconds passed. No response. That's weird. Maybe Jimin had fallen asleep..

As though on cue I received a text. It was from Jimin.

Jia: Heey, I heard you weren't feeling well. I'm on my way to your place now! I have some food for you 💕

Jimin: Jia, really? You don't need to! Where are you now?