28. Reluctant

Thursday

My mind is empty as I feel myself rouse. I blinked a couple of times as I struggle to open my weary eyes. I feel so heavy, I must've been in a deep sleep last night.. the first thing I see is Yoongi's face merely inches away from me. As my senses started to come to me his warm breath tickled my lips.

He's so close... Recollections of the previous night flooded back. I let out an unintentional gasp, Yoongi started to stir. He gradually cracked open an eye. We glanced at each other for a second.

He let out a groan and rolled over onto his back. "Morning" I pushed my hair out of my face and outstretched.

"Morning. Sorry, I must've fallen asleep here last night" Yoongi mumbled.

"It's okay, I'm pretty sure I'm the one that asked you not to leave..". I recall saying those exact words in the heat of the moment.

"Mm. Sleep alright?" His head lulled to the side and he peered at me.

"Yeah. Thanks to you". Yoongi didn't say anything, he looked back up at the ceiling.

"Have you noticed anything weird lately? Before last night? Anyone bother you or.." his voice drifted amidst the calm of my bedroom.

"I don't think so... Why?" I questioned. He took a moment before answering.

"It's nothing, I need to get going... But" he peeked over at me.

"Hm?"

"If anything happens call me, I mean it"

"Are you worried about me?" I whispered. A flicker of hesitation crossed his features.

"Maybe"

He shuffled to change the subject and sat up in bed. "By the way, Hobi mentioned you're staying in Seoul for winter break. You gonna come around to the dorms for Christmas?"

"Yeah, if you guys don't already have plans then, we should spend it together" I offered. Yoongi pat down his messy bed hair in an attempt to fix it. "Mm. We could probably work on that song too"

"Really?!" I promptly sat up. Excitement collecting in my cheeks as I beamed.

"Yeah. We'll do it then. Anyways, I gotta go. I'll Catch you later?" Yoongi got up and tried to flatten out the creases in his clothes.

"Yeah, I'll see you soon, be careful out there!" Yoongi lifted a brow cockily before giving a laid-back salute and taking off.

I was left alone with my thoughts, the feelings I'd got from last night was still pressed fresh in my mind. The anxiety, then the safety Yoongi emanated when he came. Like a vivid dream only it was real.

I showered and had breakfast. Caught up on some recent music before taking off to class. I got a text from Cece reminding me to show up to work early for the meeting. Monthly rankings were going to be announced and as I strolled home after my long day I still felt energised at learning how this month's sales would payout. What was even better than that, I was going to spend the evening with Jin. The last time I saw him we kissed. Even now as I reminisce the thrill feels fresh.

I rush to pack my things and leave for work. When I get there I could sense an odd tension in the air amidst the chattering girls who were casually assembled in the lounge. It was a different vibe compared to when the club was in full swing during open hours. The regular lighting was on and most of the girls weren't ready. Many wore track suites or just basic clothes.

Mimi, after catching sight of me from where she sat beside Luna and Rina, ushered for me to come and join her.

"What's going on? Something feels off" I muttered as I scootched up close beside her so I was huddled in our small group. Rina stared down and Luna bit at her lip.