49. Disbelief

Wednesday

Joon had left early but I decided to try and get a few more hours of sleep in. But, when I was rudely awoken by someone calling my name I had a feeling that wasn't going to happen.

"Jia, get up."

It was Jungkook.

"Huh? What're you doing here so early?" I groggily sat up and stared at him in confusion. Jungkook took a few steps into my room, brow raised as he stared down at me. "You've been skipping your morning runs for a while now. If you want to learn how to fight you need to keep your stamina up". I furrowed my brows as I looked at him.

"Huh? How do you know I haven't been running?" Jungkook hesitated to answer, like he'd been caught red-handed doing something creepy and instead of answering he peered around my room flustered before grabbing some of my clothes and throwing them at me.

"Just get out of bed sleeping beauty. We don't have all day." He turned and walked out of my room, closing the door behind him.

I chuckled to myself, seeing Kookie flustered was amusing but he still was acting kind of weird around me lately... I still didn't know why but this was better than before so I wasn't going to complain. I quickly got dressed and ready to go. As much as I didn't want to admit it, he was right. I'd gotten slack and the fact that I struggled to get around Jang-Jae lake proved it. Kookie had taken no mercy on me as he pushed me to keep up with him.

By the time we got back home, I was sweatier than I had been in a month, and fairly tired too. I took everything with me into the bathroom so I could shower and get ready for class first. Jungkook went straight after me. I sat down on my bed and scrolled through my laptop while I waited for him to finish. Today was the last day we had before we had to submit our song so I wanted to make sure it was all perfectly in order.

I looked up as I heard the bathroom door open only to be left stunned at the sight of Jungkook, hair wet, walking in with only a towel wrapped around his hips. My gaze automatically dropped down to his crazily defined abs, it was impossible not to notice them.

"Wha- What're you doing?" I stuttered. He looked up at me confused for a second before he realised I was gaping at his abs.

"Did you see where I left my bag?" He asked, running his hands through his wet hair. "Um-" I ripped my eyes off the sight of his chiselled body, I covered my face, my cheeks were burning. "Haven't seen you this flustered in a while." Kookie teased before taking a few steps closer. Just when did he become so bold?!

"Your bags in the corner" I quickly said, hoping he wouldn't come any closer or I'd be done for.

I heard his steps move away and the rustling of his bag. "You can look now," he said. I slowly looked up to see a fully dressed Jungkook standing in front of my mirror, rubbing moisturiser on his face.

I stayed silent, trying to act unbothered. He peered over to me curiously. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's nothing..." I mumbled under my breath. Truth was, I missed him. I missed how close we used to be. Just being with him this morning had made me realise just how much. But there was no way I could just say that to him...

"If you say so," he said casually as he continues his skincare routine. I stood up and went to pack my things for class. When Kookie was ready we left together. The class went by quickly and we submitted our assignment. It had been a nice morning with him and had left me in a good mood. Things seemed to be getting a little better, or maybe he was just in a good mood today too, I wasn't too sure.

After saying goodbye to Jungkook I made my way home. I was halfway across campus when I spotted Jimin. The fun morning I'd just had come crashing down in an instant.