50. Coincidence

Thursday

The tune of a ring tone, which was followed by a husky groan and the rustling of sheets woke me.

"Hello? Joon?" The sleepy rasp in Hoseok's freshly woken voice causes me to crack my eyes open. I can barely focus as I watch a blurry vision of Hobi beside me, laying on his back, bare chest visible, phone to his ear.

"Oh really? Shit. Okay. I'm just with Jia. I'll get up right now." As hobi spoke he threw the sheets back and scrambled to find his clothes and put them on. I couldn't make out what was being said, even though I could faintly hear the voice of Joon at the other end of the call.

"Yeah, that's alright. We can just close for tonight. It might be easier this way anyway," he replied. I slowly stretched out, which caught Hobi's attention, as he glanced in my direction for a moment. I sat up as he said the last few words before hanging up.

"What was that about?" I questioned, clutching the blanket close to my chest to cover my body. Hoseok had gotten dressed completely and now stood in the centre of my room.

"That was Joon. Apparently, the shipment we've been expecting is arriving early." He let out a yawn and stretched before going over to the mirror to fix himself up.

"Oh, okay" I reached for my phone to check the time to see it was about 8 am. Hobi gave me a quick kiss before heading off, so I got up and ready for class.

I grabbed my bag and a canned coffee out of the fridge before setting off down the stairs. As I walked out into the bright sunny day, I noticed that there was a delivery truck parked down the alleyway where the back door of the club was situated. With what Hoseok had said this morning, I gathered that it might have something to do with that. I didn't give it much more thought than that. None of the boys had spoken to me about their dealings in that regard, so it'd be better for me to mind my business and leave it to them.

My first class of the day passed quickly. Afterwards, I grabbed a toasted sandwich and headed outside and found a nice, quiet picnic bench on campus to relax at. It was a beautiful day. The sound of birds chirping lightly and the soft breeze that blew past was refreshing.

Now might be a good time to listen to the boy's album and take notes. After everything that had transpired between P.D-Nim and me, that the boy's music was now my actual job meant I needed to know as much as I could. It had been 24 hours since the Album had dropped, so now was also the perfect time to read the listeners' opinions and criticism too. It was time to get to work.

I ate slowly as I listened with my earphones into the album. All while taking notes on my initial thoughts. I loved all the songs, and that they even had a little skit was creative. I'd did not know until now that Tae used to play the Saxophone...

I looked through the folder Joon had given me too; it contained many notes and useful information that gave me a better idea of things too. As I went through it, I couldn't help but feel... Passionate... The overall sound was gritty and had a very old school vibe but, it pulled from somewhere deep within me... It was hard to put into words perhaps but, it also made me feel like there was someone out there that gave a shit about the troubles adolescence faced. And also curious, seeing as there were tracks that alluded to topics I'd never asked the boys about.

As I listen to the song I'd help to contribute to, it hit me hard how relevant it is with the album... It left me feeling stunned and perhaps on the verge of a revelation.

Although the track had started out as a rough idea when I'd put it together, the result had taken those basic ideas of asking about dreams and had been turned into something complete. It was the boys doing along with their team, but what remained was, we held the same sentiments. This was clear and true at this moment. It warmed my heart.