10. Can You Rap?

The doors automatically opened as I went into starbucks. It was a bit busy, the light sound of chatter filled the cafe along with some soft music. I peered around and noticed Joon sitting at a table in the corner, his head buried in a book. He seemed slightly more buff than before. I also noticed that his style today gave off a boyish intellect, mostly due to the fact he was wearing glasses. It was cute and definitely suited him. The silver of his rings also caught my eye as I got closer.

"Excuse me sir, is this seat taken?" I joked as I pulled it out to sit down. Joon looked up at me, probably hoping I wasn't some random weirdo.

"Oh hey, it's you" he sighed in relief as he snapped his book shut and put his book down on the table.

"Were you waiting for someone else?" I teased. He relaxed into his chair more and smirked.

"Nah girl I only have eyes for you" he rebutted playfully. I felt tingles at his unexpected witty reply and now that I was sitting across from him a small comfort came over me, it was a kinda feeling like it was a small space where there were only us two.

"Such a flirt" I laughed. "You didn't order anything yet? Should we?" I went on.

"Yeahhh" as his wide-eyed smiley laugh appeared it seemed so much cuter now that he was wearing glasses. "Jia, What do you want? I'll go and order for us" he inquired.

"Just a salad and Iced Americano" I replied, Joon hesitated before frowning slightly. "Really? That's all?" he asked.

"I don't have much of an appetite these days, I don't know why" I laugh awkwardly. It had been a while since I'd been called out on my eating habits.. Usually people didn't notice when I opted for eating less. I preferred it that way.

"Alright, if you're sure. I'll be back in a sec. I was grateful he didn't make a big deal out of it as he went to the counter to order. I watched out the window as people passed by down the street going about their daily business. The sound of the coffee machine at work faintly in the background had a calming effect on me. Joon returned shortly with my food along with a salad and Iced Americano of his own. I went to reimburse him for my share but he just chuckled and said not to worry.

"So, what's been happening?" He asked. We both opened our salad containers, Joon popped a tomato into his mouth before looking over at me.

"Not that much, just the usual. Writing, studying, hanging out with friends" I admitted. He nodded along, swallowing what was in his mouth before continuing.

"Sounds good, what about your family? Have you heard from them? I mean.. Are they around or?" He hesitated slightly as he asked, seeing as we've never spoken about my family he probably didn't know if it was a touchy subject for me or not.

"Not since I moved to Seoul actually. But I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, see how they are" I replied. "What about you? Spoken to your family recently or?" I threw the same question back at him. Curious to know what his own situation with his family was.

"Ahhh. Things are getting so hectic lately, I haven't had the time but I will when I get a chance" he took a sip of his coffee as he spoke. Now that I thought about it, I didn't know that much about him apart from us working on music together so I decided to push a bit further.

"What else has been happening with you? You don't really tell me that much, come to think of it" I swirled my straw around to mix my drink as I asked. Joon just laughed at my question.

"I thought it might bore you hearing me dribble about my life woes". I felt a bit sad that he thought that way.. although, the fact was that up until now I hadn't really asked so..