thirteen

~*~*~

~*~*~

"you're mine now."

~*~*~

regulus was never a believer in things like what does your dream say about you and the top ten chaotic things aries people do, he thought it was the most ridiculous things he'd ever heard. the amount of times throughout their friendship summer had said to him you're such an obvious cancer was enough for regulus to hate the concept of dreams and zodiac signs.

however, as regulus sat at the slytherin table, ensuring to keep his eyes on the wooden table, as he thought about the dream he had last night. it was bizarre and downright outrageous, he couldn't stop thinking about it and every time he seen him it brought it all back ten times worse and regulus couldn't help but flush scarlet. regulus had to remind himself that dreams don't mean anything, he has no control over his subconscious. he wished he did though, so he could dream about anything but that.

regulus felt like james knew, he was obviously being paranoid, but it would be regulus' worst nightmare if james somehow found this out. that regulus had a dream about him bloody kissing him. regulus actually shuddered as he sat at the table, he got up and grabbed his bag and hurried out of the great hall, not even wanting to be in the same room as james, especially after what happened down at the lake.

"oi, captain! this came for you," said a boy on the slytherin team, placing a letter into regulus' chest for him to catch on his own.

he looked down at the envelope and recognised his mum's handwriting instantly. he figured it would be about summer and he really didn't want to deal with that right now, so he slipped the letter in his bag and went to his first class of the day, potions.

regulus took his seat in potions, tapping his foot against the foot rest on the stool nervously, wondering what the hell has happened to him. he usually knew what was going on with him, he knew he was mad at sirius and he knew summer was his friend and he knew james annoyed the hell out of him but now? it was all different. he hated being mad at sirius and wanted him to come home with him and be his big brother again, he wanted summer to calm down at times but didn't know how to tell her without spoiling their friendship and he couldn't fathom why he was having dreams of james potter kissing him. why did everything have to be so complicated and out of control? regulus needed some bloody control over his life.

"hey," said summer as she took her usual seat next to regulus, taking her potions stuff out of her bag before dropping it to the floor, "it's halloween tomorrow, i'm so excited. i think i've figured out what i'm going as."

"finally," said regulus with a chuckle, if one person could take his mind off of his problems it was summer, but now, she was becoming one of those problems, "so, what's your costume of choice?"