sixty five

~*~*~

~*~*~

"we are going to hogwarts."

~*~*~

"wake up," said regulus as he unchained barty, who looked extremely dazed that he didn't even know he was being unchained.

"are you letting me go?" asked barty with a small ounce of hope when he realised the ease of the tension in his wrists that made regulus chuckle.

"my dear boy, no," laughed regulus, "we are going to hogwarts."

"hogwarts?" asked barty, he knew better than to try and run past regulus and try and escape because he knew regulus was much smarter than he was, he knew regulus wouldn't have made the escape this easy.

"let's just call it, a field trip," said regulus, he nodded for barty to follow him, which he did because he was rather scared of the new regulus. sure, he was always quite intimidated by him but now, he was quite a scary guy to be around, perhaps even unpredictable.

"what do you need me for?" asked barty as he followed regulus up the stairs and through the hall, heading towards the front door.

"for back up and look out. but, i doubt we'll be in any sort of danger or compromising position," said regulus, before they reached the door, he turned and looked at barty with a dark, sort of threatening stare, "if you run or fuck me over and tell dumbledore or anyone that i was there, i'll find you if you run and i'll kill you if you betray me."

"okay," said barty, only letting out a breath to speak and then held it again, too scared to even breathe.

"great," smiled regulus, patting his shoulder, although when regulus lifted his hand, barty flinched.

regulus had a plan, of sorts. hogwarts obviously had a lot of protection, so stuff like this didn't happen, like death eaters walking onto the premises so easily. but, regulus wasn't going to leave until he got that diadem, it was crucial. he grabbed barty and apparated with him, not believing barty needed any warning that he was about to apparate. if he can kill an innocent woman, regulus was sure he could handle that.

"what now?" asked barty as they stood off in the woodland area, they could see hogwarts perfectly but he just knew it wouldn't be as simple as to just walk into the school to get the diadem and leave. regulus knew where it was by the clue summer had given him, it was in the room of requirement and it took him a nanosecond to figure it out.

"having some trouble?" asked another voice, regulus looked behind him and saw summer in her guardian angel form leaning against the tree next to them.