orion and walburga

a/n: i know that's (queen) florence pugh and i did cast (god) sydney sweeney as narcissa but for the sake of the gif florence is narcissa <3

~*~*~

"i'm sorry i didn't come to see you."

~*~*~

regulus had brought his parents back to grimmauld place. he told them about everything. truly, everything. he gave them no time to talk or argue and he ensured to tell them to keep their mouths shut if they had anything bad to say about his blood traitor boyfriend or sirius' halfblood, werewolf husband.

"i kept you away so you couldn't intervene in my plans," regulus said blankly, "i've kept your house in tact and well. i don't expect you to want me to visit but kreacher is staying safe with me, i don't trust either of you with him. enjoy."

regulus left that day and that was it. he brought them back a week or so after james and him had moved into their home. when he got the letter a year or so later with condolences from his uncle cygnus and auntie druella, regarding the death of walburga and orion, he hated that he felt regret about the way he left them.

"you're not going to go, are you?" asked sirius, regarding their parents funeral, he didn't get sent a letter as cygnus and druella still liked regulus. they didn't have much feelings for their daughter, andromeda, but they adored narcissa, she was always their favourite though.

"yes, i am," replied regulus stiffly, "i left things on bad terms with them, and i can't have that guilt on my conscience. i'm not asking you, or any of you, to come with me, but i'm going regardless."

"well, i'm sure aunt druella and uncle cygnus will be thrilled to see you, a blood traitor, there," sirius said, throwing the letter onto the table, "is cissy going? or andromeda?"

"andromeda isn't but narcissa and i are going," said regulus, so much time had passed but things remained the same, sirius and andromeda rebelled whereas narcissa and regulus were more compliant.

"i always thought this day would be one to celebrate," said sirius as he rocked his chair onto its back legs, like he always done during school, "i was ready to get the balloons out."

"padfoot," james said, recognising the crestfallen, slightly bitter, look on regulus' face at his brother's lack of empathy.

"if he's allowed to be sad about it then i'm allowed to be happy about it," sirius argued, leaning into remus' side, "we grew up in the same house but it was like we were raised by different parents. they loathed me and loved you."