twenty eight

~*~*~

~*~*~

"prongs has a secret crush, who is it? tell me, tell me now, tell me right now."

~*~*~

"need any help?" asked regulus to one of the house elves in the kitchen who was hobbling around with a tray of food in her arms.

"not at all, mr regulus," said holly, one of the elves in the kitchens, "would you want something to eat? holly will make you something."

"no, thanks," said regulus as he took a seat at the table in the kitchens, "i've got something for you all."

"mr regulus, holly cannot say thank you enough!" cheered holly when regulus passed her a large packet of sherbet lemons.

"okay, but you must share them with everyone," instructed regulus sternly, although his tone was soft, as he never spoke to house elves in that way.

"holly will," ensured the elf as she hugged the packet close to her chest.

"i don't want a repeat of the jelly beans fiasco," said regulus, "i need to go to practice but, share those sweets, okay?"

holly nodded and then scarpered off to probably hide them somewhere for herself. regulus already had his quidditch uniform on and he was eager to get down to practice, given he hadn't had it since before christmas and he was keen to get back into the swing of things.

"excuse me, re-regulus," said a very nervous sounding voice from behind regulus, he turned and saw the little first year in hufflepuff he'd helped find her transfiguration class back on the first day of term.

"oh, hi there," said regulus with a smile, "how have you been, hannah?"

"i'm okay," said hannah as she fumbled with an envelope in her hands and she looked down at the stone floor, even when regulus got down on one knee to speak to her, "i just wanted to give you this for helping me back at the start of the term. i-it took me a while to make and i kept on making spe-spelling mistakes and so i kept on having to remake it."

"thank you," smiled regulus widely and candidly when the nervous and stuttering girl handed him the envelope, "that's very kind of you. guess what? you jurt gained twenty points for your house."

"you can do that?" asked hannah with a smile, regulus shook his head and stood back up right.

"no, but i know someone who can," said regulus, "i'll open your envelope after my quidditch practice, thank you very much, hannah."