twenty

~*~*~

~*~*~

"the regulus star is my favourite."

~*~*~

james and regulus went back to james' room in the head's dorms, so they wouldn't be interrupted by sirius, remus or peter when james was helping regulus patch himself up.

"so, how come you went right for the nose?" asked james as he dabbed the cloth with the healing potion onto regulus' knuckles. regulus could do it himself, but james holding his hand so he could apply the healing potion efficiently and tending to his wounds wasn't an opportunity regulus was going to miss.

"i figured that's where it would hurt most," said regulus with a chuckle, "his nose broke, so it worked."

"yeah, i know, we all heard the crack," said james, after he was done with the potion, regulus got his wand out from his pocket and tapped his knuckles and suddenly, they were back to normal.

"what?" asked regulus when he saw james' astonished expression.

"that was cool," said james to which regulus just shrugged, he didn't think it was that cool but he liked the compliment from james.

"i need to go," said regulus, he didn't really want to go but he needed to get back to the dorm and put a spell around his bed so barty couldn't get him back for the public humiliation he put him through.

"stay," said james, "we can play chess."

"i'll beat you," said regulus as he sat on james' bed, looking around the room at the different pictures he had up on the walls, "to think, i could be in here next year."

"i'll make sure to leave it in shocking condition for you," said james with a chuckle but soon stopped when regulus got up abruptly, thinking he was going to leave but he ultimately relaxed when the slytherin wandered over to the window that overlooked the lake, the stars were shining brightly and the half moon was too.

regulus kept his eyes on the landscape as he took a careful seat on the spacious windowsill, he leaned against the window and held a cushion close to him. james stayed on his bed for a moment, just observing regulus and adored how mesmerised he looked as he took in the scenery. james knew regulus loved nature and animals and so when he was surrounded by that was when he was at his most happy.

"you okay, reggie?" asked james as he sat next to regulus, leaning his back against the wall so he could look at regulus fully.

"yeah," said regulus quietly, clearly very calm and peaceful.

"y'know how we leave for christmas break tomorrow? well, if you need to, you can write to me," offered james nervously, he felt like he was asking him on a date or something, "if you feel like you need to talk to someone or, y'know? yeah you can write to me."