christmas

"A star

"A star."

"An angel."

"A star!"

"An angel!"

"Does it really matter?" asked Regulus as he looked between his boyfriend and brother.

"Yes!" they shouted simultaneously.

"Sirius, this isn't even your tree," said Regulus, wanting to side with James over Sirius because when Sirius was annoyed, it was funny. But the moody pout James put on tugged at Regulus' heartstrings more than he cared to admit.

"Why don't we compromise and put both?" asked James, in an attempt to reason with Sirius despite the fact, he was in their house.

"Both?" spat Sirius, looking to Remus for backup but he was too busy play with Noir to care. He didn't care anyway, Regulus presumed.

"Both an angel and a star, Reggie, up you go," said James, putting his arm around Regulus' waist and picked him up for a moment.

"Don't flirt with my brother when I'm near," said Sirius, James kissed Regulus' cheek as Sirius walked off in a huff.

Remus and Sirius stayed for a while longer before heading back to their flat. It was December 22nd, and Regulus was late to decorating. He was busy with his job as Minister, and James was up at Hogwarts as he was the Quidditch Coach and so the two hadn't really had time to decorate. Regulus heard from James, as well as Remus and Lily who both worked at Hogwarts as well, that school was more elaborate than ever.

Regulus wasn't a massive fan of Christmas, he hated how over the top it all was and the expectations of gift giving. It was strange that people got so stressed around this time of year and completely waste their money on relatives that they probably don't really like. Regulus was still bitter about the nice stuff he'd gotten Bellatrix because he was obliged to. I wonder what Christmas is like in Azkaban. Do the dementors put on a performance? He pondered.

"Who's invited for Christmas, love?" asked James as he got changed into his pyjamas. Regulus acted as though he was reading his book but his eyes peaked over a few times (he was staring the whole time).

"Sirius and Remus. Cissy and Draco. Andromeda and Ted, and of course their nightmare of a child," said Regulus, although he adored Tonks, he'd never admit it. He preferred to fight with her because it was amusing to see how long it took for her hair to go red. "I asked Lily, too. Her sister is a bit of a...well, she's a bitch."

"For a lack of a better word, yeah, she is," replied James as he climbed into bed, pulling Regulus into his chest, the book abandoned, as were the pyjamas James just put on.

James pulled Regulus on top of him, hands on his back while Regulus put his hand in James' hair and the other between them, touching James how he liked. He moaned into their dark room, holding Regulus closer, leaving wet kisses on his shoulder and his neck. Whispering how good he felt, how good Regulus made him feel, how much he loved him, how beautiful he looked as James looked up at him.