fifty two

~*~*~

~*~*~

"the dark lord cut kreacher to get into the cave."

~*~*~

regulus had been relentlessly researching and asking around, more so to his cousin who he wrote letters to, asking where voldemort had grown up or if he had any places or objects that he held dearly to him. regulus had came to the conclusion that voldemort was a very proud person, there are most definitely things that he would want to posses, something to prove his magical ability and how easily he done it under dumbledore's nose, someone he hated and was also scared of, regulus had realised.

regulus' mind went a million miles an hour when bellatrix had told him, in a five page letter of hate towards dumbledore, that he had rejected him from a teaching post at the school. it would be such an embarrassment to him to be rejected, especially by dumbledore and so, what would he do about that? the school is still standing and so he didn't do anything visibly bad, but regulus knew him well enough to know he'd want to embarrass dumbledore and the school the way he did to him, but how would he do that? perhaps the horcrux thing came into play with this?

"the founders," said regulus quietly to himself in history of magic, he hadn't started the work because he was spiralling as he thought about this.

"what?" whispered summer as she scribbled on her parchment.

"nothing," replied regulus distractedly, that would be the most horrendous thing to do, tamper the founders' possessions to leave that mark on hogwarts due the fact he didn't get to teach here. so, in a way, he had left his mark on the school.

regulus, as soon as the bell went, jumped up from his seat and practically ran to the library. he knew the founders' had their own relics but he didn't know what they were, however, he did remember sirius going on about a sword that appeared to worthy gryffindors in their time of need and he usually wished for it to happen to him when he was living in grimmauld place. as for the others, he didn't know, but was he going to find out. he was especially going to look for whatever salazar slytherin's relic was, because he knew that it would be what voldemort wanted most.

"excuse me," said regulus over the desk to madam pince, "is there a book about the founders of hogwarts? it's for history of magic."

madam pince only nodded and got up from her seat, gesturing for him to follow her. he did and smiled gratefully when she handed the book to him and walked away without a word. he hurried to the nearest desk, dropped his bag onto the table and sitting down, opening the book immediately. he truly thought he had a lead to this whole thing.

the sword, belonging to godric gryffindor. the diadem, belonging to rowena ravenclaw. the locket, belonging to salazar slytherin. the cup, belonging to helga hufflepuff.