ninety

~*~*~

~*~*~

"i'm not going to grovel for anyone."

~*~*~

"i wish you didn't do this," said regulus as he stood in the paper white room that was filled with nothingness, "it makes me miss you more."

"i can always tell when you need me, reg," said summer, who's hair was still braided the same and her dress was still white like the last time he'd seen her, the day he'd killed voldemort, "i'm your guardian angel in life and death."

"why're you here this time?" asked regulus, wondering why she'd shown up in his dream now, as it had been over a year since he'd last seen her.

"because you need someone to talk to," she replied simply. he did, badly, "i'm here because i was always the person you could tell anything to without being judged or shouted at. you're here because you asked for me to visit you, even if you didn't realise it."

"james isn't acting right," said regulus, "well, not like he used to. there's something going on with him but he's not telling me and i think it's something to do with me."

"what gives you that assumption?"

"it's obvious," replied regulus, because it was obvious to him. he's not stupid, he can tell when someone is annoyed or angry with him.

"talk to him," she offered and he scoffed, "i don't care how many times you've tried or he's changed the subject. you have to keep on asking."

"i'm not going to grovel for anyone," said regulus sternly, "i love him, but i'm not going to beg for him."

"no, you won't. but you have to fight for the people you love," said summer, she always had a special way of describing things and making regulus see a different angle to things. he saw it as begging, she saw it as fighting, "it's about time for you to get up, minister. i'll always be here to talk."

"how do i get you back here?" he asked, being able to hold her hand. she held her other hand out and took ahold of her ring that was handing from his neck and she smiled.

"just ask."

regulus opened his eyes and looked at the clock on his nightstand, it was time for him to get up. james wasn't here, regulus didn't know where he'd gotten to but he didn't want to ask. he got up and dressed himself and went straight to work, not caring for breakfast and he trusted kreacher and dobby to feed the cats, as they were good company to them.

regulus said good morning to lily and she returned the favour halfheartedly, as she was busy doing her work. he hung his coat up and then walked into his office, and there he was, sitting on the chair opposite regulus' desk with his back to him. when he turned to meet his eye, regulus wanted to cry, laugh, smile and shout at him all at once.