thirty six

a/n: ik that's ar*ie ha*mer, but timmy is also there so let's just pretend it's jamie and reggie. thank you for your cooperation *forehead kiss*

 thank you for your cooperation *forehead kiss*

~*~*~

"i want to sleep in with you."

~*~*~

regulus and summer sat on the sofa in the gryffindor common room with their feet on the table, looking into the fire, not really speak to anyone but each other. summer looked over her shoulder at the birthday boy who looked bored and fed up, disappointed to, as he looked over to the boy next to her. summer grinned and looked back to the fire, trying to think of something she could do to help.

she wasn't sure exactly what was going on but she knew there was something, and that's all she needed to know. if summer was good at one thing, it was making a scene, just last year she pretending she was having a vision and so everyone crowded around her to ask about this apparent vision. meanwhile regulus slipped out the party to go talk to the white peacocks the malfoys had in their back garden.

summer had been watching her friend closely the last few weeks, she wasn't an idiot, she was trying to be more observant, considering for most of their relationship he wasn't happy and she didn't realise, she wanted to change that. she had noticed the stolen glances between the two boys and the smile regulus tried to hide, yet failed. summer wasn't sure if they were together officially, or even if they did want to be friends, but she found the latter less likely.

"this is for you, reg," whispered summer, she winked at him and he sat up with a bewildered look as he watched his friend walk to the drinks table, she held the cloth all the drinks were on and 'tripped' making a loud noise throughout the whole common room.

"how did you get none of that on you?" asked remus who, along with literally everybody in the common room, helped summer to her feet.

"doesn't matter," said summer, she went limb in remus' arms making everyone leap forward like a dramatic play.

regulus looked at james, who had actually fallen asleep at his own birthday party, and then got up and scarpered out. regulus understood what summer meant, and he trusted her to get james out of the common room for him. summer gestured for remus to help her over where james was sitting, and since there was a girl in distress, everyone helped her on her way too, moving things out of her way as remus guided her over. james only really woke up when summer was on her way over to him.

"reg has left," whispered summer to james, "i think you should go too."

"i'll go find madam pomfrey for you!" announced james loudly, summer winked knowingly at him but then regained her distressed demeanour.