twenty three

~*~*~

~*~*~

"you're mine now, reggie."

~*~*~

the morning was spent as per usual, regulus was awoken by kreacher, regulus told him to leave him alone until kreacher physically dragging him out of bed. he then went downstairs, had breakfast with his parents and got dressed. then came the tricky part, he had to somehow keep lyra as quiet as possible and he also had to go out to hyde park, because he was certainly going. james didn't give him a particular time and worst of all, hyde park is massive, so where would he even be?

regulus got his jacket and shoes on and gave lyra a kiss goodbye and shut his room door. he wasn't going to bring lyra and give her to james for the break because he knew for a fact he wouldn't want to be apart from her, he was sure he could get away with her being there. he made his way downstairs and went to his mother's study, thinking it would be easier to tell her rather than his father.

"come in," said walburga dryly when regulus knocked on her door, "what is it?"

"i'm going to go to diagon alley with summer," said regulus with as much assurance as he could muster, "she asked me to go when we were on the train but i forgot to say."

"oh, well, alright," said walburga as she wrote something on a piece of parchment, "will you use the floo? you'll need kreacher to get you the floo powder for you."

"no, i'm going to meet her so we can get the knight bus," said regulus, walburga cocked a brow as though she was confused as to why they were taking the longer route but she soon shrugged and waved her hand at him as if to shoo him off like a disobedient animal.

the previous night, regulus told summer to go out with one of her friends her parents aren't all that familiar with because he wanted to go out on his own for a bit and have a bit of alone time but didn't think his parents would let him go out if there wasn't a solid reason. he told her to tell her parents that she was actually going with regulus and obviously walburga and orion were sure he was going out with summer, so if they got asked about it on boxing day when summer and her family were coming over, they'd have a backstory.

summer wrote back that morning and said she'd asked her friend from ravenclaw, amanda, who is a halfblood so summer's parents won't even know her, to go to diagon alley with her and she had said yes. regulus thought that was a pretty good plan and if asked about their apparent trip to diagon alley on boxing day, it'll be quite easy to lie about.

regulus got the knight bus to hyde park, which was an absolute rollercoaster and he'd fallen off the bed he was sitting on a couple of times. he dusted himself off and thanked ernie and headed across the street to the park.