Chapter 10 - Three Women and Their Husbands

"Are you sure this is plausible?"

At the break of dawn, there were three women lowering their voices to a hush. They stood outside the door of the dormitory, grouping in a clump. If one were to closely inspect them, they'd realize that those three women appeared especially like Shen Qingqiu, Wei Wuxian, and Xie Lian!

"Don't worry about it." Xie Lian smiled. "I have a friend who specializes in switching their gender back and forth. This pill should last us for about three days."

"Three days..." Shen Qingqiu felt sick. He didn't want to become a girl!

Wei Wuxian happily cheered, "This is very cool." He twirled around in his readymade dress. It was a fabric of both black and red, with the sash dragging down to his ankles. After eating the pill that Xie Lian had given him, his entire body changed and appeared to belong to a woman. His adam's apple smoothed out to be the same creamy throat as pretty girls.

They decided to transform into "female" cultivators in order to lure out the culprit in Mo Clan. Whenever dual cultivating, the culprit would want to find a "female" human cauldron instead of a male. Besides, changing their gender doesn't weigh down their cultivation.

Xie Lian had changed into a flimsy white robe for female cultivators. His bandages wrapped around his neck, arms, and ankles were still very eye catching, but somehow managed to blend in with the white fabric. With his bamboo hat set on top of his head and the white veil covering majority of his face, he appeared like a mysterious heavenly being.

Shen Qingqiu wore female robes as well, unwilling to be left behind. He still accessorized himself with that fan of his, then took off his crown to let his bangs drop captivatingly. 

"Nice nice, Shen-xiong." Wei Wuxian egged him on.

"Shut up." Shen Qingqiu huffed responsively. A thin layer of rouge was applied onto his cheeks, making him appear like a shy maiden. He was originally pale, so after turning into a female, he still regained that sense of beauty.

Wei Wuxian laughed. Then, he directed his sight towards Xie Lian. For some odd reason, he felt like he shouldn't be so near the latter... It felt like he was directly standing near heaven.

"Xie-xiong is so pretty." He still praised.

Xie Lian looked back and smiled underneath that veil. "Thank you. Wei-xiong fits quite well in a dress."

Wei Wuxian stiffened. His eyes had a layer of mist glossed over. "Really?" He was almost about to cry from the praise. "Thank you!" For some odd reason, he really wanted to kowtow to this heavenly "female" being.

Suddenly, the doors opened.

Out came the three husbands, who couldn't even stop themselves from looking surprised. Their throats felt strangely dry and stiff, as if they were thirsting for a week consecutively.

"Shizun..." Luo Binghe sniffed pitifully. "You shouldn't seduce me like this."

"Idiot." Shen Qingqiu huffed. "This is for the case to attract the culprit."

Abruptly, Luo Binghe's pleasant expression darkened to appear practically identical as an abyss. "Don't worry, Shizun. I won't let any pervert lay their dirty paws on you."

"Hey!" Shen Qingqiu frowned. "I can protect myself."

They then turned to look at the two other couple, who were too busy talking amongst themselves to even care. Wei Wuxian kept constantly brushing shoulders with his husband, who froze on the spot. It was possible to even mistake Lan Zhan as a sculpture thanks to how realistic his pause was. Xie Lian conversed shyly with Hua Cheng, but it seemed like the latter didn't care about the changes.