Chapter 65 - To Ashes

Thousands of scorpion snakes had flung across the battlefield, sweeping their deadly venom at the ghost soldiers, who one by one dropped into ashes.

Ban Yue controlled the scorpion snakes, while Pei Su protected her.

Another fifty arrows flew out from the mountains, painting the dark skies in their past images. Those arrows pierced the abdomen of several ghost soldiers, precise to the point of insanity. A drop of blood laid on the battlefield, crestfallen in sorrow.

Pei Ming jumped out from the ox-cart, instantly plummeting a hundred of ghost soldiers to their deaths.

Little Apple rode past the scenarios, bringing Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan all across the battlefield. The donkey ran until his legs gave out, with his eyes keenly set on the midnight's horizon.

"To your left!" Shen Qingqiu called.

He swung his sword, sending a gust of spiritual energy, instantly cutting the attacking ghost soldiers to their ashes. Wei Wuxian gave him a thumbs up, and laughed, "Great back-up, Shen-xiong!"

Shen Qingqiu was inwardly crying. Whatever it takes to end this war as fast as possible...

"I am also here!" Luo Binghe cheekily added, having recovered from his injuries. He swung his Zhengyang sword, breaking through a collage of ghost soldiers.

All of a sudden, they seemed to see a spur of white strike through the skies—

"What was that?" Lan Zhan was exasperated to see such a thing.

Wei Wuxian thought to himself, "Who in the world wears white?" A humble Crown Prince came into his mind. "No way." He laughed, "It can't possibly be him."

In the skies, Xie Lian met another ghost soldier head on.

They clashed high up in the air, at least over sixty feet from the ground. As a Martial God, Xie Lian was able to stay up-float in the skies. Surprisingly enough, his opponent was also able to. This ghost soldier must have been an amazing cultivator before dying...

Xie Lian threw his palms at the flying ghost soldier, trying to catch the opponent off guard.

Instead, the ghost soldier dodged every single attack. This ghost soldier avoided everything, as if he was a fish swimming in the sea of silver butterflies. He dealt a few blows to Xie Lian, who confidently wiped off the dirt from his white robes.

"DIE!!!" The ghost soldier roared. Unexplainable rage was written across his face, with fire dancing in his blackened pupils.

He took out his sword, then swung exasperatedly.

Xie Lian leaped backwards, with his chestnut brown hair thrashing in the winds. He was merely a Martial God, and could not control conditions of the weather; unlike other gods; who he will not name.

"It's time." Xie Lian hurriedly played out a few hand-seals; they were incantation gestures. His slender fingers switched back and forth in the moonlight, with the light of the silver butterflies illuminating his figure. His eyes closed.

He could feel everything; the earth and lands.

The heavy breathing of the living, and the shallow breathing of the deceased. Xie Lian could also feel a deep rumble, hidden in the depths of the ground.

Then, the battlefield began to shake. A crack split open. Both ghost soldiers and Qinghe Nie disciples scurrie backwards, afraid to engage in battle when such a crisis was occurring. Xie Lian opened his eyes, which reflected what was buried underneath the ground.