Chapter 48 - No Amount of Gold Could Afford This...

Lan Zhan found his entire vision blurring. He couldn't suppress the feeling of nausea, and could only close his eyes. He felt his surroundings shaking, as if it was the earthquake all over again.

All of a sudden, the nauseousness had completely disappeared.

Feeling hesitant, Lan Zhan opened his eyes.

What came to the three couples' vision was a vast expanse of floating land. Up above their heads, the dark night sky seemed closer than ever. On the floating land was a long road, leading to an intersection of many more paths. At every intersection, luxurious buildings and palaces had stood magnificently. Some were made out of pure gold, while others had several pavilions.

Looking at this sight, Wei Wuxian found it hard to accept.

It was dark at night, and for easier navigation, there were several lighted lanterns. The lanterns floated up high in the air, illuminating the magnificent land.

"How envious..." Wei Wuxian sighed. "Not even the Lanling Jin Clan is this wealthy."

Xie Lian chuckled beside him. "Don't worry, Wei-xiong. After a few days, you'll get used to it."

Wei Wuxian, "..." He doubted it.

"How about we go find a place to stay the night?" Xie Lian suggested. "I know just the right place."

In the next second, Xie Lian brought them to a... palace. This palace was different than the others. Instead of being showered in gold, this palace was exquisitely built with crimson red glass. The walls shone of warmth and light, donned in unrivalled wealth.

Upon seeing this, the two couples' jaws had already fallen open. They felt like no amount of gold could afford this property.

"Xie-xiong... are you sure we can live in here?" Shen Qingqiu's hand, which held his fan had shaken quite a couple of times.

Xie Lian nodded for confirmation. "Of course. After all, I invited you in."

"B-But..." Even Luo Binghe was a bit afraid. His own palace back in the Demon Realm was nothing compared to this! "What if the owner of this palace... gets mad at us?"

Xie Lian was confused. "Why would I be angry at you guys?"

The remaining two couples, "..." Wait a second...

"You're the fucking owner?" Shen Qingqiu's eyes almost popped out of his sockets. He knew that Xie Lian was definitely a Martial God, but to own such a wealthy palace... and still be a scrap picker? Wasn't that too much?

Xie Lian just smiled reassuringly.

He then pushed open the palace doors. Immediately, a sight of golden and ruby red walls had flooded the three couples' vision. There were plenty of small bridges, crossing over streams of running water, with several lotus flowers drifting on the surface. Many pavilions and gardens had been spread in the palace, filling the building with plenty of surreal colours.

"Welcome to the Palace of Xian Le." Xie Lian welcomed them.

The three couples entered, and the large golden and crimson red double doors had closed behind their back.

"Xie-xiong..." Wei Wuxian was shaken to the core. "What exactly was your upbringing? Were you born as a Prince?!?"

Xie Lian just smiled and didn't refute.

"No way!" Luo Binghe was astonished. "You were a Prince? Then why in the world are you a scrap picker now?"

Xie Lian didn't answer.