Chapter 18 - Too Many Uncles to Keep Count of

A ripple broke in the pond.

"YOUNG MISTRESS! GET YOUR FUCKING DOG STRAIGHT!" A young cultivator had screamed. He was wearing white robes that swayed to the wicked wind, and a GusuLan forehead ribbon wrapped around his forehead. Lan Jingyi was about to go insane.

On top of his head was a bright red apple. It was tied to the top of his head, for no apparent reason...

"YOUNG MISTRESS!" Lan Jingyi howled once more. He ran across the Lotus Pier pond, circling the pond of lotuses. Behind him was Fairy, the said "Young Mistress's" dog.

Fairy relentlessly chased after Lan Jingyi, aiming to bite off the latter's pants.

"Lower your voice." Perched on top of a tree, a young cultivator wearing golden robes had pulled out his bow and arrow. Jin Ling set an arrow down on the strings of his bow, then pulled intricately. He aimed at the apple on top of Lan Jingyi's head. "Don't let the others hear you."

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN!?!" Lan Jingyi was going to try tears of sorrow. "SECT LEADER JIANG HAS ALREADY LEFT WITH ALL HIS TROOPS! DIDN'T YOU SEE THE FIREWORKS?!?"

"Shut up." Jin Ling inherited his uncle's eye rolls. "Besides, that firework was from long ago. Uncle might come back soon. Also, I just don't want to hear your voice. It is sickening."

Underneath the tree that Jin Ling perched on top of, another cultivator similar to Lan Jingyi had stood there. Lan Sizhui stood there, looking at Lan Jingyi worriedly. "Don't you think it's too much? Letting Fairy chase Jingyi like that."

Jin Ling took a small peek at Lan Sizhui. "It's fine. Besides, I need a moving target for practice."

He went back to focus on the wailing target.

"YOUNG MISTRESS! I SWEAR TO GOD, IF YOU CONTINUE TAKING YOUR SWEET TIME, I'M GOING TO DIE... NOT FROM YOU MISSING YOUR ARROW, BUT FROM THE DAMNED DOG BITING MY ASS OFF!" Lan Jingyi's mouth was full of swear words. He clearly hadn't been fazed by the disciplines in the past at Cloud Recesses.

"Don't call Fairy a damned dog." Jin Ling fumed.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE FOCUSING ON!?!" Lan Jingyi shrieked.

This was the peculiar scenario that Jiang Cheng, his troops of over five-hundred Yunmeng Jiang disciples, few immigrants of Cang Qiong Mountain, and the three couples... had witnessed.

Finally, the three troublemakers noticed the giant audience staring at them, dumbstruck.

Fairy had stopped chasing Lan Jingyi, thanks to Jin Ling's nervous gesture. The dog wagged its tail obediently, unsure of what the sudden silence in the air was for.

A disturbance placated the dark horizon. A whistle flew past the leaves. 

Wei Wuxian nudged Jiang Cheng. "So... What kind of punishment do you have in your mind?"

*****

"I apologize for the ruckus we created, Sect Leader Jiang." Lan Sizhui bowed.

Before him was a throne, which Jiang Cheng sat lazily on. The young man raised his sharp chin, showing off the arrogant and yet stern look on his face. He appeared oppressing, especially when taking in consideration of the power that he wields. The ring worn on his finger had gleamed a dangerously purple light, with small sparks disharmoniously popping.

"Huh." Jiang Cheng sneered. "Yunmeng Jiang are taking in... honourable guests tonight. To witness your disgrace at this moment... What a peculiar timing."