Chapter 56 - Never Underestimate Greedy Hearts

"Outrageous!" A ghost had blurted. "You can't possibly kill all of us!!!"

Hua Cheng directed a cold glare at the ghost. "Would you like to try?"

Instantly, the ghost felt like he'd been plunged into cold northern water. It was as if he'd travelled for over kilometres, with snow constantly piling on his shoulders. After stepping on a weak surface, he'd fallen under the iceberg's surface, plummeting into the deep cold sea.

"O-O..." The ghost was determined. "OF COURSE!"

He directly stood up from his seat, knocking his chair backwards. "COME AT ME, AND LET'S SEE IF YOU DARE TO TALK TO THIS MASTER'S FIST!"

Hua Cheng's aura had went cold. It was like everyone walked in a blizzard.

"San Lang..." A small voice crawled by his ear. Waking up from his madness, Hua Cheng turned to look beside him. He saw a ruffle of chestnut brown hair.

It felt like a kitten scratched at his heart.

Xie Lian gently tugged at his lover's clothes, "Don't be mad..."

Instantly, Hua Cheng's anger had vanished into thin air. He sat back down in his seat, and nodded generously, "Understood, gege."

The ghost who was threatened, "..." Are we not going to fight this out?

He could only sigh, and sit back down.

The ghost host saw that the commotion died down, and quickly sighed in relief. She fixed her makeup like as if it was engraved in her instincts, then coughed.

"Let's continue. Starting from the previous bidding of 251,001-"

BANG! All of a sudden, a chair was flung in the air. The ghost host froze in shock, as the chair only missed her head by half an inch... crashing into the backstage. A rile of dust flown upwards, skyrocketing into the ceiling from the impact.

The ghost host's facial expression had darkened.

Her lips twitched, "Who threw that?"

It turned out to be a ghost from the back. He clapped his hands from throwing the chair, scowling, "I have a question!"

The ghost host felt like this ghost wasn't in the right state of mind.

However, she bit her rouge lips and answered, "Go ahead."

The ghost asked, "Didn't you say that the Strongest Sword can only be pulled out by the strong? What if someone bid the sword for a high price, but in the end, can't pull it out? Wouldn't that be a waste!?!"

Immediately, the stadium fell to silence. Thinking about it, the words of this ghost did make sense! What if they purchased the sword... but couldn't pull it out? Wouldn't that be a waste of their precious money? They could've long bid for some other treasure!

The ghost host could tell what everyone was thinking.

She looked through the entire stadium. Her eyes were filled with indulgence and yet, it felt like an empty void.

Suddenly, a charming smile fell on her red lips.

"How about, let's stop the bidding?" The ghost host suggested. "Instead of bidding... let's use a new rule. The first person who manages to pull out the Strongest Sword... will be its owner."

Immediately, the stadium was full of astonished expressions. Nobody could register the ghost hosts' words, until finally, a minute passed. A whisper fled through the stage, "Is she crazy?"