Chapter 57 - Will You Sacrifice Yourself?

Nu Wang felt an unspeakable force buzzing at her ears.

Her vision wavered, and she felt like she was on the verge of her consciousness... Nu Wang's originally pale face had paled some more. Something inside of her mind clicked. She could feel the seal on her memories being unlocked.

All of a sudden, she felt a force tug at the hilt of the sword.

She raised her head.

Nu Wang met the ugly sight of hundreds of ghosts clamouring over, each pulling a side of the hilt. Their disgusting faces had snarled a putrid breath at her, as if threatening her to let go. The ghosts screamed and howled, each trying to take away the artifact.

Nu Wang just stood there, not doing anything.

The ghosts didn't understand why she looked so calm. They pressed onwards, but then... were slammed backwards by an unknown force.

The Strongest Sword glowed bright, repelling the fighting ghosts away from itself.

It seemed to mock the ghosts, Come if you dare to.

However, this standstill didn't get to last for a long time. Nu Wang had already wavered, then her vision had blackened. She collapsed on the ground, and the Strongest Sword dropped with a soft clink.

The ghosts, "..." Did this woman just faint on them?

Immediately, their eyes turned red from greed. They looked at the sword, which laid flat on the ground. An ocean of silence had washed over the ghosts, as their cold bodies had tensed. Every vessel in their body seemed to thicken from stress, as suspense hung above their heads like a sharp knife.

The Strongest Sword had never looked so tempting to steal.

The crowd of ghosts examined their competitors. Each and every one of them had a hungry look written across their faces. They all had the same thought. Steal the goddamn sword!

Then, they rushed out at once.

"IT'S MINE!"

A ghost elbowed another ghost out of the way. The elbowed ghost had collapsed, but dragged his attacker down onto the floor with them.

Another pair of ghosts stepped over them.

"FUCK OFF!"

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!"

"JUST LET ME GET THE SWORD! PLEASE!?!"

"I HAVE MONEY! I'LL PAY YOU HOWEVER MUCH YOU WANT!"

"I DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING MONEY!"

"FUCK YOUR MONEY! GIVE IT TO THE FUCKING HOST, IF YOU DARE!"

All of the ghosts began to tackle one another. Dust riled up in the auction house, as fights broke out like uncontainable water, spilling out from a leaking dam.

A punch was delivered to a ghost, and he crashed at the bottom of the stage.

"Fuck! Who in the world did that!?!" The ghost coughed. He could barely breathe.

Instead, a hand choked him by the neck. "I did." Yi Ran smirked. Without mercy, the demonic cultivator lifted the ghost by the neck, then threw him across the stage. The ghost had crashed against the ground twice, suffering from the impact.

Yi Ran managed to thrash all the ghosts away from herself. An empty circle surrounded her.

She easily picked the unconscious Nu Wang by the collar of her shirt.