Chapter 16 - Fireworks, a Sign for Help

Fire was set aflame everywhere.

Swords danced across the hot temperature, with flames wildly reflected on the blade. Light flashed from several angles, shining a brilliant scenery to the mountain.

Several bodies of the demons collapsed.

Blood splattered all over the ground, painting the mountain a vivid colour.

"How many more demons left to go?" Wei Wuxian asked. His back touched Xie Lian's, who was naturally dodging bodies after bodies. The latter answered, "We've eliminated approximately fifty demons. There should be about a hundred left."

They separated, then attacked the demons.

Wei Wuxian unsheathed Suibian, showering the demons with his sword's glare. With three consecutive strikes, the demons fell onto their knees. Meanwhile, Xie Lian only needed one punch of spiritual energy to send his opponents flying. His weak figure did not look like it could possess much of his true power.

On the other side was Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe. The couple seemed inseparable.

They frequently slashed their swords, light fraying off from their blades.

Unwilling to be left behind, Lan Zhan and Hua Cheng fought as well. The two husbands exuded of manliness as they wore stern expressions on their face. Blood stained their blades, but that did not bother them at all. With another swing, the blood was eventually swung off.

The one hundred left of demons gradually decreased to eighty.

The fire that was once set aflame had gradually diminished thanks to the viscosity of the blood.

The mountain that used to flourish in greens and nature... had resulted into a burnt crisp.

As the three couples continued to slash down the demons standing before their way, fatigue finally began to show itself. Wei Wuxian felt his ankles pulling himself down. He was unable to move any further...

By his side, Lan Zhan quickly propped him up before they could get clawed by a demon.

"This is a lot more work than I expected." Wei Wuxian huffed. His breathing was unstable, so he had to catch up on his breath.

"Don't worry, Wei-xiong." Xie Lian piped up from behind. "There are only fifty more to go."

In the background, Shen Qingqiu was panting while clutching his stomach. He could barely continue slashing. Any normal cultivator wouldn't have lasted as long as them. "Shizun." Luo Binghe was protecting his lover from the demons, slashing his sword wildly at those who stood before his way. "Take a break, will you? I can handle the rest."

Beads of sweat slid off from Shen Qingqiu's forehead. His eyesight fell onto afar, where Liu Qingge and Qi Qingqi were. The two Peak Masters did not give up. They still fought till the very end.

Wearing a self-deprecating grin, Shen Qingqiu stood up.

Brandishing his sword to the sharpest point, he attacked the hoard of demons again. There was no way he'll lose to his fellow martial siblings!

The horizon was a beautiful colour of sunset. Warmth was grouped up at the centre point, where the sun remained lifelessly settled. Rays of heat collectively spread out its wings, welcoming the battle going on below. It was like the gods had accepted all that happened, and decided to add fuel to the fight.

On the other side, Hua Cheng mercilessly slashed the demons remaining. His stoic face did not give away a single reign of his emotions.

Holding onto his scimitar, E-Ming, Hua Cheng did not even blink as blood gushed out before the demons. Stepping away, he slashed at the others attacking from behind. A circle of twenty demons began to surround him. They then pounded, their claws flying in midair. A tint of amusement played in Hua Cheng's remaining left eye. His tongue clicked on the roof of his mouth.