Chapter 47 - You Knew the Entire Time!?!

There was the sound of a large crackle in the air.

The three couples watched blankly, as the fourth beam of lightning was easily intercepted. An eruption clouted over the skies, and the sparks of lightning was drowned out in the sea of snow.

Out of nowhere, two nicely-built men landed on the ground. They both wore hefty and expensive black robes, with an expanse of meticulous design on the wealthy fabric. One of the two men had a strong and masculine build, with a handsome face of darker wheat skin, which seemed intimidating and yet angry.

The other man had a pretty and delicate look to him, with unblemished skin and donning cold facial features. His eyebrows were furrowed, as if something was on his mind.

"Feng Xin," Xie Lian bowed to the first, "Mu Qing." He did the same for the other.

The two men looked at Xie Lian, then both bowed simultaneously, "His Royal Highness the Crown Prince."

Feeling aghast, the remaining two couples didn't know how to feel. Hua Cheng just looked onwards, his expression as cold and plain as it had ever been.

"The heavenly tribulation has been dealt with." Feng Xin and Mu Qing looked up at the storm. Indeed, the roaring clouds had stopped and dispersed, while the vortex of the storm also lightened.

"I thank you two for your help." Xie Lian clasped his hands. "I will make sure to compensate both of you..."

"No need." Feng Xin shook it off.

"Yeah, there's no need." Mu Qing added, "Unless if you want to have a debt of over 8 million merits again... I mean, you can try."

Feng Xin shot him a glare. "What's with that attitude?"

Mu Qing rolled his eyes, "What? I merely only told the truth, based on past experiences."

The two was hostile and contemptuous towards one another, always trying to find faults in the other. They found themselves glaring at each other, until a familiar cough brought them back.

"Ahem," Xie Lian pressed a fist to his mouth. "I'd like to introduce you two to my new friends."

"This is Wei Wuxian."

"HanGuang-Jun."

"Shen Qingqiu."

"And Luo Binghe."

The two men examined the two couples, both trying to faults. "Hm." Mu Qing gave a contemptuous snort, "It seems like Your Highness is opening up to the world more."

"Are you saying he never opened to the world?" Feng Xin clashed.

"Did I say that though? Stop trying to put words in my mouth!" Mu Qing retorted.

Xie Lian nodded simply. These two generals simply just never stopped arguing. He turned towards the two couples, who were slightly speechless. "Um... I haven't really spoken about... my identity yet, so I guess you can slightly get the gist of it."

"No, we can't." Wei Wuxian blurted.

Xie Lian felt slightly flustered. How was he supposed to explain this?

"Gege is a Martial God." Hua Cheng came to the rescue. "The heavenly officials don't like to disclose their identities, for the sake of simplicity."

"Oh..." The two couples all nodded dumbly.

Xie Lian continued on, "Feng Xin and Mu Qing are also Martial Gods. Feng Xin, General Nan Yang of the southeast. Mu Qing, General Xuan Zhen of the southwest."