Chapter 63 - The Beauty and the Beast

A man cladded in black armour, with robes swaying to the impact, had stepped forwards. His every movement brought a heavy indent to the ground. This man's figure was masculine. His robes were tight around his body, and his hair blew in the wind.

Pei Ming gave a handsome smile, the kind that would charm ladies from miles away.

By his waist, he'd drawn his sword.

Without mercy, he pointed it at the ghost soldiers. "How many of you guys want to die—I mean, turn into ashes...?"

The ghost soldiers were a bit stunned. Where did this man come from-

They were interrupted, as a huge force directly pummelled them into the dust. "What-" a ghost soldier was caught by the ankle and flipped upside down. A pair of callous hands gripped onto his face, and a pair of inquiring eyes examined him.

"Hm... not pretty." Pei Ming discarded that ghost, then slashed him into ashes.

He turned around at the other ghost soldiers, "All of you are unpleasing to the eyes." He scowled. Then, his sword spun in his grip, and he dashed through the summit of ghosts.

One by one, ghost soldiers were slain by his sword. Pei Ming's running figure gradually became something to fear of by the ghost soldiers. His silhouette danced vividly, underneath the silver butterflies' light. Pei Ming blocked ten swords at once, then delivered ten blows simultaneously, killing the group of ghost soldiers.

"He's... really strong." Wei Wuxian felt speechless.

Xie Lian glanced at him, and smiled cheekily, "He is a General and a Martial God."

Meanwhile, Pei Ming turned to look at the army that he was protecting. The Qinghe Nie disciples were all crowded into a small huddle. They didn't dare to step forwards, but also didn't dare to step down. With their puny amount of courage, they looked at the General.

"Huh?" All of a sudden, dissatisfaction fell all over Pei Ming's face.

His eyes were brimming with mockery, as he scowled, "What are you all doing in the back?"

The Qinghe Nie disciples shuddered.

Pei Ming began to move towards them. Every step caused the ground to shake, making the disciples double over from imbalance.

"You're telling that this entire time, you have not brandished your swords and fought like true warriors?" The sword that Pei Ming held had broke in half. Xie Lian had to toss him a second sword to use.

The look in Pei Ming's dark and handsome eyes was truly—scary.

"I have never seen such impudence and cowardice." Pei Ming sneered. He pointed his sword at the skies, which were swarmed in silver butterflies. "You are soldiers. Whether you die or not, whether I die or not, we always fight. Because on the battlefield," Pei Ming raised his voice, "Your cowardice doesn't matter to the enemies!"

The Qinghe Nie disciples flinched.

"Do you think that the enemies will find you pitiful if you cry to them?!? Will they stop and spare you? No, they won't!" Pei Ming threw his second sword on the ground angrily, resulting it to snap in half.

Xie Lian threw him a third one, "Please don't break this one, General..."

Pei Ming ignored the Crown Prince, and shot an ugly glare at the Qinghe Nie disciples. "On the battlefield, you will sacrifice your lives for your clan! I'm not that nice of a person to sacrifice my own life for your war." He turned around, with his handsome cape flying up in the air. A ghost soldier had sneaked up behind him, throwing a claw at him.