Chapter 12 - They're Just a Bunch of Perverts

As the three couples continued exploring, they gradually caught the attention of the disciples, who were reading the manuals at their study table. "Hey... aren't they the guests?"

"Yeah, they are..."

"Ohh, such beautiful skin..."

"Shut up! They'll hear us!"

The disciples whispered amongst each other, but they forgot that the guests were superb cultivators, who could hear them from even fifty metres away. "What are you reading?" Wei Wuxian was the first to ask, leaning down to look at the contents in the reading manuals.

"It's '12 Reasons Why Demons are Horrible'." The young disciple blurted out.

Wei Wuxian smiled. "Then, can you give me a reason as to why they are?"

The young disciple immediately thought that he was given a test, so he responded with accuracy. "The third reason why demons are horrible is their strength. Demons contains a lot of demonic energy from practicing devilish cultivation methods. They don't have any limits to cultivation. That is why they're so strong."

Shen Qingqiu piped in. "Then, how do you think righteous cultivators can surpass demons?"

The young disciple retorted without hesitation. "More spiritual energy."

The three couples looked at each other. Normally, the answer wouldn't be "more spiritual energy" but rather "more practice in cultivation". Both answers sounded the same though, so they guess they would give the young disciple a pass (for now).

Walking away, they kept their sight on the rest of the disciples.

Abruptly, Lan Zhan stood rooted in the spot. The rest of the group was confused, following where he was looking. "He's alone." Lan Zhan pointed. He was looking at a teenage boy, who quietly read a book while slouched against the wall.

"Yes." Wei Wuxian piped in. "He's alone."

"So what?" Luo Binghe was confused.

He was smacked on the head by his Shizun's fan.

"What are you reading?" Xie Lian gently asked the lonely disciple.

Peering up from his book, the disciple frowned. "It's for alchemy."

"You want to be an alchemist?" Xie Lian smiled.

The disciple wanted to distance himself from the others, however, these guest cultivators seem to be attracted to him for no good reason! "Yes, is there a problem with becoming an alchemist?" He retorted, wanting nothing to do with them. Instead, a gratified smile was revealed on Xie Lian's beautiful face. "What have you learned from the book?"

The disciple felt strange. Why was that woman looking at him like that?

He coughed. "In this book, there are only a few tips for refining pills."

"Like what?" Xie Lian continued his interrogation.

The teenage disciple huffed. "There is a method in here for extracting spiritual energy from someone's dantian. All you need is a needle."

"What else?" Xie Lian asked.

"There are also anaesthetics. After injecting it inside a person's body, the person will instantly feel dizzy from their sudden loss of awareness. Even an immortal will find it difficult to resist."

"What else?" Xie Lian persisted.

"Hmm... there is also a method here for refining the 'Purity Pill'. Eating it allows the cultivator to get rid of the impurities in their meridians. It helps a cultivator in improving their cultivation as well."