Chapter 50 - He Was Drop Dead Gorgeous

The two Martial Gods had delivered the food, then rushed away. They needed to get rid of that bubbling anger by sparring with one another.

Back in the palace of Xian Le, Luo Binghe poured a cup of tea.

He couldn't properly control the leverage of the teapot, so some residue of tea had spilt all over the table. Hua Cheng glared at the Demon Lord. Upon feeling the familiar threatening aura, Luo Binghe squirmed like a wronged child.

"Shizun..." He wanted to find someone to save him.

He met gazes with Shen Qingqiu, who shook his head, as if saying, "It's no use. Even I cannot overcome the darkness of Hua Chengzhu."

"It's fine." With a swipe of his sleeves, Xie Lian had evaporated the spilt tea into air.

As he did this, Hua Cheng's menacing aura had also withdrawn.

The gaze that Luo Binghe used to look at the scrap picker had changed as well. The Demon Lord seemed to find a person to save him from the Ghost King! As expected, Hua Cheng's only weakness was this Martial God, who lied about being a scrap picker...

"Your Highness," Shen Qingqiu had to change his calling. "What are you the God of?"

Xie Lian met eyes with the Peak Master. "I'm a Martial God."

"Wow." Wei Wuxian was pleasantly surprised. "How come Your Highness is a Martial God, even without a sword?"

Xie Lian waved his sleeves. "That was in the past."

In the back, Lan Zhan played a calming song on the guqin, as an accommodating piece of music. The strings were played lightly, like plucking petals of a flower. There was the sound of running water below bridges, and leaves drifting across the dashing winds.

"What did Your Highness used to do for fun in the past?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Xie Lian thought to himself, then answered, "There's practicing the sword... drawing... oh, and calligraphy." Suddenly, his eyes brightened. "Then, let's write some calligraphy!"

The others nodded with confirmation.

What they didn't know was, in the back, Hua Cheng had curled his hands up in a fist. His white knuckles had protruded out from his pale skin.

Unaware, Xie Lian had picked out a bunch of brushes, ink, and paper. He gave every cultivator their own set of materials, then began to teach. "Your every stroke has to be well-controlled in balance and weight, otherwise, the ink might wet the paper too much. If too light, you might not be able to see the word. Your arm must be propped up at a fine angle... this... right... and you hold your brush with elegance..."

Lan Zhan was the first to have a good skill of the brush.

He'd practiced at Cloud Recesses for a long time, alongside his brother. Thus, using the brush has become a regular activity for him.

Wei Wuxian was the next to grasp the skill. He'd always tried drawing with the ink and brush... to the point of even drawing porn to tease Lan Zhan (back in their teenager times).

"Wei-xiong! HanGuang-Jun! You two are naturals!" Xie Lian was excited.

He turned to look over at the other couple.

Shen Qingqiu was watching over Luo Binghe, who was drawing messy scribbles over the paper. The Peak Master corrected every single thing that his disciple had done wrong. At that point, Shen Qingqiu's chin had rested on his lover's shoulder, peering over at the paper.

Luo Binghe had stiffened at the touch. However, he melted into his Shizun's contact.

"Mhm... how do I write this word...?" Luo Binghe asked. Inwardly, his heart was beating so wildly that it was practically hammering against his chest.