Chapter 33 - Can't Recognize Your People

A report was written down.

"It is confirmed the amount of fierce corpses in Yunmeng Jiang amounted up to three hundred. Additionally, all three hundred of fierce corpses have been taken care of. Other than the child-figured fierce corpse that goes by the name of Su Nan, there are no fierce corpses that are missing."

"It is confirmed the amount of injured people in Yunmeng Jiang amounted up to two hundred. While, it s confirmed that the amount of deaths amounted up to... six hundred."

Listening to the report, a solemn look was plastered over Jiang Cheng's face.

The three couples felt pensive as well.

They had all stayed inside Lotus Pier, discussing the aftermath of the incident. Meanwhile, Yi Ran was still bound by Ruoye at the pillar in the corner of the room. She sat there, staring at them with a deadpanned expression. She appeared like she wanted to eat them.

"There are many casualties. Send out troops to tend to the injured people first." Jiang Cheng ordered. He tapped a slender finger on the surface of the table.

The reporter, a Yunmeng Jiang soldier had nodded.

He wanted to go send out troops, but then was interrupted by a sudden laugh in the back.

"Are you sure you want to send out troops?" Yi Ran asked. A mischievous look was visibly displayed on her face.

Jiang Cheng arched an eyebrow at her. "What? You want me to just not treat my people?"

Yi Ran's smile broadened. "It seems like you don't understand what I meant. Are you sure you want to let your troops get close to your people?"

"What?" Jiang Cheng spat. "Are you saying that my troops are untrustworthy? Do you really think that I'll fall for your mind games."

"Are you sure it's mind games?" Yi Ran cooed.

She seemed to be a fox demon, playing and controlling with all of them in her hands. If she wanted them to turn left, she'll control the strings and make them turn left. If they didn't want to turn left, then she'll control the gears in their mind and make them want to turn left.

"Have you forgotten?" Wei Wuxian cut in. "You're a hostage. Your life is in our hands."

Yi Ran saw him and argued back, "Are you sure about that? I still have unspoken information. You guys won't kill me before I spill the beans."

Shen Qingqiu kneaded his temples. "Whether you tell us information or not, we'll manage to figure it out on our own."

Wei Wuxian chirped, "That's right! What Shen-xiong said is right!"

Yi Ran sneered at him. "Shut up! I don't want to hear you! Just continue hiding behind your friend's back! You coward! You moron! If you're not chicken, then untie me and fight me head on!"

Wei Wuxian smirked. "Whether I'm chicken or not has nothing to do with you."

Yi Ran saw that her insults were no use to the shameless Yiling Patriarch. She puffed her cheeks like a pufferfish and proceeded to ignore them, no matter the amount of glares and questions shot at her.

"...ignore her." Lan Xichen told Jiang Cheng, sensing his solemn mood.

Jiang Cheng nodded. He then was about to tell the Yunmeng Jiang soldier to continue onwards, but then, Lan Zhan suddenly slammed a fist on the table.

The table broke into pieces, then withering into dust.

The three couples, three junior disciples, Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen, and Wen Ning had fell silent. They went expressionless, with black lines falling across their faces. Even Yi Ran, who was ignoring them, had perked up in surprise and shock.