Chapter 15 - Cruelty Awaits After the Victory

Luo Binghe pulled his sword back.

He wiped the blood off the blade with a handkerchief. His expression was rarely solemn, and he sheathed his sword. "Is that everyone?"

To respond to his question, Wei Wuxian shook his head. "There's still that Clan Leader-"

Abruptly, his eyes widened.

A flash of light turmoiled.

Luo Binghe's breath hitched. The blade of an arrow was about to pierce through the red demonic mark on his forehead. Instead of piercing right through, it was held in midair. Before the three couples knew it, a gasp piped up. Blood dripped down from Wei Wuxian's palm, a wound apparent on the skin. On a closer inspection, they noticed Wei Wuxian gripping onto the arrow, the blade of it slashed at his hand.

Xie Lian hurried towards him. "Give me your hand. I'll disinfect the wound."

With a plop, Wei Wuxian dropped the arrow onto the floor. He nudged towards a secluded area, "Over there." Looking at that direction, the remaining couples' eyes widened.

Stepping out from the shadows, Mo Shifeng pulled on his bow, intending to release another arrow-

Then, he stiffened.

Piercing through his forehead was a leaf poured of spiritual energy. Shen Qingqiu sweated and puffed, as his hand remained in midair after throwing the sharp leaf.

Mo Shifeng's eyes had lost its life.

He collapsed, blood gushing out from his wound. The leaf shattered from too much spiritual energy. When Mo Shifeng wasn't looking earlier, Shen Qingqiu had dashed across to a nearby garden and plucked out a bamboo leaf. Pouring spiritual energy into the leaf, he had then thrown it at Mo Shifeng, resulting in his death.

Wei Wuxian's hand was injured from being grazed by the sudden arrow.

"Are you okay, Wei-xiong?" Xie Lian asked worriedly. He wanted to help with Wei Wuxian's wound. Instead, the latter was picked up from the ground.

Wei Wuxian was surprised, but then nuzzled up to his husband's chest.

Lan Zhan carried him like lightweight.

Nonetheless, Xie Lian was surprised as well. "HanGuang-Jun...?"

Lan Zhan didn't spare a glance at him. "I'll dress him."

Eyes wide and mouth parted open to reveal a row of pearly white teeth, Xie Lian blinked twice. It was only after some time did he react. He was stupidly enamoured in Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan's romance that he couldn't even control his own facial expressions. Desperately wanting to hide away his embarrassment, Xie Lian turned away and nodded.

"Thank you for the care, Xie-xiong." Wei Wuxian waved happily.

Protective of his wifey, Lan Zhan held him closer. Chest pressed against chest. Heat transferred to heat. At that moment, the two cultivators could only see each other in their eyes.

*****

Meanwhile Lan Zhan and Wei Wuxian were busy bandaging their wounds, the two remaining couples decided to tour around the Mo Clan. Shen Qingqiu, Luo Binghe, Xie Lian, and Hua Cheng had entered inside the Mo Clan Leader's room.

It was the same old office, all right.

Picking up a bottle from the shelf, Xie Lian shook it once then twice.

"Don't be so violent with such an intricate and delicate vase." Shen Qingqiu warned. Oh, he was an expert of dealing with broken glass. Perhaps it was from breaking so many himself. "Do you think there are any refined pills left over in this room?"